Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

BigRedBuster:

John Hinderaker is very numerate. He's cross examined hundreds of experts in various technical fields in jury trials throughout the country. Dismiss his opinions if you must, but I'm confident that his views will prove way more accurate than the "expert" who predicted 56% of the CA population will get infected. 

We will see shortly who is correct. My money's on Hinderaker. 

5 minutes ago, Thurston from Pender said:

BigRedBuster:

John Hinderaker is very numerate. He's cross examined hundreds of experts in various technical fields in jury trials throughout the country. Dismiss his opinions if you must, but I'm confident that his views will prove way more accurate than the "expert" who predicted 56% of the CA population will get infected. 

We will see shortly who is correct. My money's on Hinderaker. 

Well, you thinking that makes him an expert proves how much actual thought you have put into this.  The guy is a political hack lawyer (proven by his website).  

The guy doesn't have a friggen clue what he's talking about.  I've sat in a few trials in my industry where lawyers are "cross examining" experts from my industry.  They still are clueless as to what they were actually questioning about.  They learn just enough to get the job done.

Again, he's a political hack that you have gone out and found that fits your own personal agenda to justify your own feelings on the subject.

• Plus1 1

How about this? Omaha resident, UNL alum and formerly the richest man in the Universe is not an expert on infectious diseases. But we will shortly find out that Warren Buffett will have spent much of his $120 billion in cash investing in American companies. 

My money is with Warren. Warren Buffett has always made money for his partners. When there is blood in the streets, he buys. 

The panic is worse than the Wuhan virus.

We Masters of the Universe all think the same. Proud to note that Warren is a UNL alum!! 

2 minutes ago, Thurston from Pender said:

How about this? Omaha resident, UNL alum and formerly the richest man in the Universe is not an expert on infectious diseases. But we will shortly find out that Warren Buffett will have spent much of his $120 billion in cash investing in American companies. 

My money is with Warren. Warren Buffett has always made money for his partners. When there is blood in the streets, he buys. 

The panic is worse than the Wuhan virus.

We Masters of the Universe all think the same. Proud to note that Warren is a UNL alum!! 

Sooo...now you're saying Warren Buffet is an infectious disease expert?

Here's some news for you.  If he's investing right now, it has nothing to do with if he believes the virus is dangerous our not.  IN FACT, it's basically saying the opposite of what you are saying.

If he's investing now, he's investing planning on holding those investments for years down the road.  It's always been known he buys something without really any plan to ever sell it.

NONE of that has anything to do with the whack job you linked here on this site.

• Plus1 2

Warren is not an infectious disease expert. That's what I wrote. 

Both Buffett and Hinderaker know that this Wuhan virus thing is going to end soon. Hinderaker's point is that with local governments' shutting down the economy, they are doing more harm than good. It is an unnecessary panic. And when there is panic, Warren buys. He's smart. Are you? 

13 minutes ago, Thurston from Pender said:

Warren is not an infectious disease expert. That's what I wrote. 

Both Buffett and Hinderaker know that this Wuhan virus thing is going to end soon. Hinderaker's point is that with local governments' shutting down the economy, they are doing more harm than good. It is an unnecessary panic. And when there is panic, Warren buys. He's smart. Are you? 

I’m guessing Hindaker gets medical advice from his auto mechanic because he also works on a doctor’s car. 

You literally searched out a political hack to fit your agenda. 

• Plus1 2

When I read what the Supreme Court justices say regarding statistics and computer programming, they come off as morons, because about those things, they are morons.

Being a lawyer doesn't mean you're smart at statistics, so I'm going to extrapolate and say that being a lawyer doesn't mean you know what the f#&% you're talking about when it comes to pandemics, either.

• Plus1 3

Anyone not taking this thing seriously at this point are purposely blinding themselves. It doesn't take a whole lot of research to see how this can go badly (Italy, Spain, etc.....) and it appears we are on the same trajectory. People from those countries have been begging people to listen to them and their warnings about what can happen. Please just listen to people who are a million times smarter on this subject and have dedicated their careers to this subject. Almost unanimously they are all saying that this is a big deal because it is. Sorry for what may seem like an incoherent ramble, but it drives me crazy to see people who are still not taking this seriously because it hasn't affected them or their personal bubble yet.

• Plus1 5
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Then why are you claiming he knows more about this virus than the experts who have devoted their lives to studying this?

Warren knows that the assumptions are overstated. This thing is over-hyped. It will blow over.  He knows a panic when he sees one. The panic has been whipped up for many reasons. Qui bono? 

"The crowd is a many-headed monster; many eyes for malice, many tongues for slander."