Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

Nebraska Medicine has reached an all-time high of COVID-19 patients, according to a statement KETV NewsWatch 7 received Monday afternoon.

"We know that the hospital beds have been a little busy. Some of that's because of the resumption of elective surgeries and also an increase in COVID-19 cases," Rooney said.
"So, the concern is: as we loosen up, will we be able to handle a surge if that happens?"

https://www.ketv.com/article/covid-19-inpatients-at-nebraska-medicine-reaches-all-time-high/32662643?fbclid=IwAR1notMnPMaBKmUnpcpiV4-f7DU6A6I8aaU_61O-5LhKdTrD5jHR66sf6b4

So  we have more covid cases but they're also allowing more elective surgeries than before. But if we're going to have another wave in June (and that's what I think will happen) we are just getting started. Once hospitals get close to capacity changes will need to happen again.

9 hours ago, Hilltop said:

I understand you and a few others on this site are very concerned.  You are all free to stay in hiding.  That's the beauty of our country... You are free to live scared if you so choose.  I do care about all lives but I feel strongly that our free country was not built on fear.  I am glad to take risks with my life in order to enjoy all the freedoms provided us by all the soldiers who fought for our right to do so.  A good percentage of our country is showing they feel similarly.  Happy memorial day.  

I feel that if Memorial Day makes you feel that patriotic, you should know better than to say "Happy" Memorial Day, but I digress. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I feel that if Memorial Day makes you feel that patriotic, you should know better than to say "Happy" Memorial Day, but I digress. 

I understand your point of view.  I choose to celebrate the lives lost.  I choose to be happy about the freedoms we have that were earned at the ultimate cost to so many.  My grandfather fought for our country and my dad did two tours in Vietnam.  Neither are with me today but I know how they felt and feel I honor them when I say happy.  To each their own.

Mavric, my apologies this has gotten so off topic.  I do feel the sentiments here are really applicable to football this fall.  People feel pretty strongly for the side they believe.  I personally would love to attend a game if the stands are open.  Sure hope that happens.  GBR

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/25/2020 at 9:15 AM, Hilltop said:

I would agree completely.  Which means that many more people have had this without serious negative effects.  All the percentages are bs and most people are figuring that out.  Time for life to resume...  

Gotta say your posts have been great in this thread. I know I get tired of a method used by a certain political party that is aimed at controlling and shaming people to do and think like they do because they are not tolerant of other views. Just a few examples "if you are ok opening the economy you dont care about people dieing", "if you support trump you are racist" "if you dont vote for biden you are not really black". 

Please respect that others have opinions and beliefs different than yours and thats ok. There is an old saying by Einstein. 

Just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean it isn't true.”

If you believe that some states are falsifying data for political reasons. Do you not think the states controlled by your political belief structure are also not falsifying data to support the narrative of their parties beliefs? Come on. Take what you see on CNN and FOX news and blend the 2 narratives and that is probably the truth. Somewhere in the middle.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2