Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

9 hours ago, TheBigRed1 said:

I find it noteworthy or at least interesting that you feel the need to explain yourself. (I just erased about 3 paragraphs of my comment, LOL)

You're just going to have to do what you feel is ok to do. Just do you and be responsible as you can.. I don't believe you have to fight for your freedom or your rights......yet,  nor do you need to explain yourself.

Oh man, I erase stuff all the time because I know the crazy reactions it will get.

• Plus1 1

I developed a pretty significant rash in my armpit and surrounding area after going crazy and doing about 3 hours of lawn work last weekend.  My doctor said I caught some sort of ivy and prescribed me a steroid.  2 days later or on Tuesday night I developed a fever that ended up reaching 103.  The next morning I still had a fever.  Called my doctor immediately and they scheduled me to go and get tested for Covid.  I won't lie my mind was racing and having type 2 Diabetes I googled everything I could about the virus and how it effects people with an underlying medical condition.  I got my results today and I was negative.  

It has been a terrible week and as I write this I am still extremely fatigued but even though I tested negative it still gave me a whole new respect which I already had for the virus.

No more trips to Home Depot for this guy for a while.  Grocery store too as besides those places which I only visited a few times and the gas station have been the only places i have visited since this all began.  Even when it first began I was probably one of the first people who somehow someway was able to actually find and receive an order of masks off of Amazon and was wearing one from the beginning.

I'm too old for this.  Stay healthy everyone.

• Thanks 3

16 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

I developed a pretty significant rash in my armpit and surrounding area after going crazy and doing about 3 hours of lawn work last weekend.  My doctor said I caught some sort of ivy and prescribed me a steroid.  2 days later or on Tuesday night I developed a fever that ended up reaching 103.  The next morning I still had a fever.  Called my doctor immediately and they scheduled me to go and get tested for Covid.  I won't lie my mind was racing and having type 2 Diabetes I googled everything I could about the virus and how it effects people with an underlying medical condition.  I got my results today and I was negative.  

It has been a terrible week and as I write this I am still extremely fatigued but even though I tested negative it still gave me a whole new respect which I already had for the virus.

No more trips to Home Depot for this guy for a while.  Grocery store too as besides those places which I only visited a few times and the gas station have been the only places i have visited since this all began.  Even when it first began I was probably one of the first people who somehow someway was able to actually find and receive an order of masks off of Amazon and was wearing one from the beginning.

I'm too old for this.  Stay healthy everyone.

Glad you're doing better man. Rest up and keep that recovery going strong! Be well.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Glad you're doing better man. Rest up and keep that recovery going strong! Be well.

Thanks Danny.  I'm getting there but slowly.  Doing a little work today but I've about reached my peak there so just going to continue drinking lots of water and getting more rest.  

Really appreciate the kind words.  :wasted

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

The main benefit of mask wearing is to prevent others from being infected, and it does mention that in the article, but I haven't seen research that convinces me it doesn't also protect the wearer and they don't cite any research in this part. I've seen some articles saying that wearing a cloth mask does't work very well but the research was done in hospitals where workers were on 8 hour shifts in close proximity of people with infectious diseases where they could come in contact in other ways besides sneezing/coughing.

Perspectives present a new and unique viewpoint on existing problems, fundamental concepts, or prevalent notions on a specific topic, propose and support a new hypothesis, or discuss the implications of a newly implemented innovation. Perspective pieces may focus on current advances and future directions on a topic, and may include original data as well as personal opinion.

Wyo and Decoy, we all know some players are going to get it and be quarantined.  They will recover quickly, just like 99.99% of all kids their age, and be back on the field in a week.  It actually would be a benefit for the majority of a team to have it and heal pre-season.  I know, the .01% will get really sick.  More college age football players will likely be seriously injured or killed in automobile accidents or from riots than Covid-19.  Seriously guys, go outside.  The fresh air feels great.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Wyo and Decoy, we all know some players are going to get it and be quarantined.  They will recover quickly, just like 99.99% of all kids their age, and be back on the field in a week.  It actually would be a benefit for the majority of a team to have it and heal pre-season.  I know, the .01% will get really sick.  More college age football players will likely be seriously injured or killed in automobile accidents or from riots than Covid-19.  Seriously guys, go outside.  The fresh air feels great.

I've been outside plenty don't worry :thumbs

I haven't advocated against a football season and hope one happens. I was just pointing out that yes, these protests are going to lead to an increase in cases. Does that mean there shouldn't be football? Not necessarily. I still have questions about what you do when half your starters have to be quarantined for 14 days or what happens when kids recover but have diminished lung capacity for several weeks or longer. People seem to be acting like everything just goes back to normal again and I don't think it's that simple as the case I highlighted shows.