Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

Fake News Fauci today said he doubted the NFL season would be able to proceed.  Now, I take him with a grain of salt in terms of his accuracy.  But does he really have the steam to tell the NFL they can't play?  Or can he just say they shouldn't play?

More closely related to something I actually care about, does his announcement today have an effect on college play?  It seems like the last few weeks have been moving toward some form of college football season happening.  I'm hoping for a full, no restrictions to capacity season.  I'm in the 'at risk' group and would still attend every game.  To me, it's all about living, not dying.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
14 hours ago, grandpasknee said:

Fake News Fauci today said he doubted the NFL season would be able to proceed.  Now, I take him with a grain of salt in terms of his accuracy.  But does he really have the steam to tell the NFL they can't play?  Or can he just say they shouldn't play?

More closely related to something I actually care about, does his announcement today have an effect on college play?  It seems like the last few weeks have been moving toward some form of college football season happening.  I'm hoping for a full, no restrictions to capacity season.  I'm in the 'at risk' group and would still attend every game.  To me, it's all about living, not dying.

Get this **** out of here. 

Hopefully all of you in here insisting on there being a season are wearing masks in public, and convincing everyone you know to do the same. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

14 hours ago, grandpasknee said:

The dumbest part about people like you is that you're convinced that the decision only affects you. If you're fine with dying, so be it.

It's about the people you infect around you. They have husbands, wives, and children too. Your poor decision making can kill others. 

Back to the topic, it's going to be interesting. I want to see college football, but it seems really difficult to pull off right now. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 2

Faucci is a joke, he lost all credibility (early in the pandemic).. when he said masks are not affective, ....hell, any moron knew masks were a great aid, he just lied and was trying to save them for first responders, which was fine, but he didn't need to lie about it.

so now i don't trust anything he says.......he is an opportunist at best.  he is an adviser, not an expert.

talk of conference only games now, maybe a 50/50 chance that games will be viewed by stadiums full of people

revenue is the key here, so much money involved with CF.....social distancing even at a half filled stadium is nearly impossible.

masks and hand sterilizer a minimum.....serving food and drinks accelerates the risk even more. no good answers here.

• Plus1 2
17 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Get this **** out of here. 

Hopefully all of you in here insisting on there being a season are wearing masks in public, and convincing everyone you know to do the same. 

My brother, and cousin are both physicians and advise against wearing a mask if you are not ill.  I trust them.  I'll do me, you do you. OK?

• Thanks 2
Just now, grandpasknee said:

My brother, and cousin are both physicians and advise against wearing a mask if you are not ill.  I trust them.  I'll do me, you do you. OK?

No, because you doing you can potentially spread an infectious disease. 

Also, as I said, get that **** out of the football forum. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1