Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

My post was about the spike and you copied and pasted info about hospitalizations. 

im saying be cautious about getting caught up in the spike as it may be due to the ability to test for antigens and the CDC’s requirement to include antigen positives in the Covid number. Interesting the spike coincides with the ability to test for antigens. But we’ll never know because labs are not required to report by test method.  

Yeah, like I said,  I wouldn't get caught up in the positive test numbers, because they're flawed. But the hospitalization numbers are pointing to a significant spike in a number of states. 

• Plus1 1

21 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I posted about a curious anomaly from the CDC yesterday.

So while COVID death rates appear to be dropping a bit, curiously the pneumonia death rates are skyrocketing.

Curious.

Yes, it’s is interesting. Will look into It more, but I’m to the point that I doubt most correlations. But you said it’s from the CDC, so it is worth pondering. 

On 6/26/2020 at 9:52 PM, Mavric said:

CDC now saying that those infected might be 10 times what has been confirmed.

Given even just local anecdotal evidence from fellow Nebraskans who had such symptoms from January - end of April (myself included), I could easily believe this.

• Plus1 2

With the reopenings in this country and the large spike in positive cases recently I noticed a lot of other countries have reopened and do not have the spikes in numbers that have occurred here. What are we doing different here or not doing.  Are they social distancing more, more people wearing masks?  I would think a spike in numbers would be expected with reopening but probably not at the rate we are seeing. 

23 minutes ago, skers83 said:

With the reopenings in this country and the large spike in positive cases recently I noticed a lot of other countries have reopened and do not have the spikes in numbers that have occurred here. What are we doing different here or not doing.  Are they social distancing more, more people wearing masks?  I would think a spike in numbers would be expected with reopening but probably not at the rate we are seeing. 

Its the masks. Simple as that.

Hong Kong one of the densest and most public transit heavy cities on the planet has had less than 10 deaths b/c everyone is wearing masks. The funny thing of it is that the govt had outlawed mask wearing recently for political/surveillance reasons. So they are wearing them in defiance of their government, people here are being defiant by not wearing them.

• Plus1 3
48 minutes ago, Omaha-Husker said:

Its the masks. Simple as that.

Hong Kong one of the densest and most public transit heavy cities on the planet has had less than 10 deaths b/c everyone is wearing masks. The funny thing of it is that the govt had outlawed mask wearing recently for political/surveillance reasons. So they are wearing them in defiance of their government, people here are being defiant by not wearing them.

I did not know that about Hong Kong...the mask thing.   I was at a Walmart yesterday and would bet over half the people did not have masks on. I also think some people, at least where I am from do not wear them cuz they think it makes them look weak. I have a nephew that basically says that. I understand the freedom thing and I don't have to wear one but come on it's only a frickin mask, put one on.

1 minute ago, skers83 said:

I did not know that about Hong Kong...the mask thing.   I was at a Walmart yesterday and would bet over half the people did not have masks on. I also think some people, at least where I am from do not wear them cuz they think it makes them look weak. I have a nephew that basically says that. I understand the freedom thing and I don't have to wear one but come on it's only a frickin mask, put one on.

And your nephew, huge D-Bag or actually pretty nice guy who would help a stranger on the side of the road? The latter, right?

• Plus1 1

43 minutes ago, skers83 said:

Yes nice guy. At least I think so. Just doesn't think he needs a mask. 

Which is really weird that he wouldn't put a mask on for a stranger. But I know a LOT of people like that. And there's tons of them at the store & Menard's & everywhere else.

I think if more people thought of it that way, they'd be more likely to wear a mask.

• Plus1 2