Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe the wrong thread but got my second dose yesterday. Probably leaving work in a few minutes. I thought I would struggle through the day but f%#k that. Bad chills and body aches, no fever though. Would still recommend everyone get vaccinated. I will put up with this for a day or two over taking the chance with covid. Go home, indulge in a little chronic and I'll be good.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2021 at 3:20 PM, knapplc said:

53UieK2.jpg

I've had more than my fair share of those. It felt inches away what a lobotomy would feel like. The worst was when they twisted the swab instead of swirled. The urge to punch the tester was extremely high. Thankfully, I've always been negative.

On 2/14/2021 at 4:20 PM, knapplc said:

53UieK2.jpg

On 2/28/2021 at 10:21 PM, 308_Husker said:

I've had more than my fair share of those. It felt inches away what a lobotomy would feel like. The worst was when they twisted the swab instead of swirled. The urge to punch the tester was extremely high. Thankfully, I've always been negative.

I had been dreading the brain swab for the last year but had my first PCR test a couple days ago and it was extremely easy. The nurse said they don’t do the brain bore anymore. She swabbed around inside each nostril for 5-10 seconds. Actually felt good since my nose was dry.  Unfortunately I, and now my wife, tested positive. Hasn’t been terrible but I sure would like to get rid of this headache and quit having bouts of fever. The loss of taste and smell will definitely get annoying but comparatively those are minor inconveniences.

7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

The loss of taste and smell will definitely get annoying but comparatively those are minor inconveniences.

I've been kind of curious about this...those of you who have had the virus and lost taste and smell: how much did that impact your appetite? Were you able to eat? 

3 minutes ago, Ulty said:

I've been kind of curious about this...those of you who have had the virus and lost taste and smell: how much did that impact your appetite? Were you able to eat? 

No trouble with appetite. The weirdest thing is that I have craving for some foods, but when I make them I can't taste them, or I can barely taste them.

19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

No trouble with appetite. The weirdest thing is that I have craving for some foods, but when I make them I can't taste them, or I can barely taste them.

My wife lost her taste and smell back in the Fall, and had made some progress here lately before having a setback/change of some sort. She says that a lot of foods/products have started to have a chemically taste and/or smell. I find her regression a little baffling.

51 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

My wife lost her taste and smell back in the Fall, and had made some progress here lately before having a setback/change of some sort. She says that a lot of foods/products have started to have a chemically taste and/or smell. I find her regression a little baffling.

That is weird, and not pleasant news for me at the moment. I've heard of people who've been without smell for several months.

Hope your wife gets hers back soon. We'll race!  :D

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Ulty said:

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Pretty much what knapp said. I still get hungry. Certain things still sound like what I want to eat but, once I actually start eating, it just doesn't matter. If it weren't for sight and texture I wouldn't really have any clue. 

I know it can be kind of hard to imagine. My wife has not lost taste and smell (yet) and it's sort of like she can't believe that I can't taste things. We were just discussing what we were having for supper. I told her spaghetti or pizza is what sounds good but not to worry about what I want because it just doesn't matter.