Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

11 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

How long has it taken some of you to return to functioning after having Covid?

I first had symptoms a week ago Saturday and have pretty much felt like complete sh#t everyday (9 days) since. Ready for this to be over.

I never really had to stay in bed like with the flu or pneumonia, but my energy and general give-a-damn levels were REALLY low for a week. The noticeable exhaustion lasted for at least three weeks, and by "exhaustion" I mean walking upstairs in my house required deep breaths. Walking through a box store like Sam's or Costco was noticeably tiring for at least a month.

I had a bad cough for about three weeks - bad enough to damage muscles or ligaments in my rib cage that, weeks later when I would stretch or twist wrong, would give me shooting pains through my torso.

I'm about two months post-diagnosis. Over the last few weeks my energy has rebounded, but I'm still sleeping more than usual, and sometimes my focus comes & goes.

Drink lots of water, and get as much rest as possible. That's my best advice.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, knapplc said:

I never really had to stay in bed like with the flu or pneumonia, but my energy and general give-a-damn levels were REALLY low for a week. The noticeable exhaustion lasted for at least three weeks, and by "exhaustion" I mean walking upstairs in my house required deep breaths. Walking through a box store like Sam's or Costco was noticeably tiring for at least a month.

I had a bad cough for about three weeks - bad enough to damage muscles or ligaments in my rib cage that, weeks later when I would stretch or twist wrong, would give me shooting pains through my torso.

I'm about two months post-diagnosis. Over the last few weeks my energy has rebounded, but I'm still sleeping more than usual, and sometimes my focus comes & goes.

Drink lots of water, and get as much rest as possible. That's my best advice.

That sounds pretty much like what I’m experiencing except my cough has not been that bad. It’s more of a reaction to the tickle in my throat and not a deep chest cough that pulls muscles. I guess I should be thankful for that.

So far it’s been 9 days of doing absolutely nothing but resting but it doesn’t seem to help or make any difference. Energy, focus and give a damn are basically non-existent.

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

So far it’s been 9 days of doing absolutely nothing but resting but it doesn’t seem to help or make any difference. Energy, focus and give a damn are basically non-existent.

Ugh. I know that feeling. I had pneumonia about ten years ago and that dropped my energy to about 5% for about 48 hours. I thought that was awful.

Covid knocked me down to about 20-25% energy for at least a week, and it's only gradually gotten better over the last eight weeks.

Drink so much water, and get all the rest you can. The only thing that makes any of that better is just rest.