Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

11 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

A lot of this has proven to be accurate. I got both doses of Moderna btw, so not anti-vax or a nay sayer.

1st Answer: Reduce's the chance of getting COVID

2nd Answer: Reduce the chances of getting super sick

3rd Answer: Reduce the chances of carrying COVID

4th Answer: Reduce the spread of COVID

5th Answer: Not Dying.

billy-madison-brainbusters.gif

• Plus1 5
  • Oh Yeah! 1
17 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Good one brother. People that don't want to take it don't want to listen to those types of answers though. 

And, I believe we are over 350 million doses so far in the US. Getting to the point where it reaches stasis with regards to who will and who won't. 

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/27/2021 at 8:50 AM, FrantzHardySwag said:

Reduce the possibility? It is possible, not definite. You still can get covid.

Reduce the possibility? It is possible, not definite.  You still can get super sick.

Reduce the possibility? It is possible, not definite. You still can carry covid.

Reduce the possibility? It is possible, not definite. You still can spread covid

Not dying? not definite.  You still can die from covid.

Why not just say, "the short term results - that we are aware of - are more positive than negative - so far - at the moment, but does not eliminate every person from getting covid, or from getting super sick from covid, or from carrying covid, or from spreading covid, and in some cases, dying from covid.  But right now, so far, it appears to be medically ok and has been very effective from spreading covid - although covid is still very much an active threat with delta variant".

• Plus1 2
  • 2 months later...
6 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Sadly, (if he lives)  I think there would be a huge impact of him coming out and preaching the importance of vaccination to the state.   I suspect there are some anti-vaxxers who might listen to The Jet.  Nebraska's 57% vax rate is pretty scary.

Here's a poster I haven't seen in a long while!

Hope all is well!

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Here's a poster I haven't seen in a long while!

Hope all is well!

HI!   Been poking around but I'm so far from being up to speed - there's not much I feel like I can comment on and without getting beat up.  Covid and all the misinformation was a big reason I signed off for the last couple years.  Just couldn't handle the debates on something so serious. 

All is well - hope that you're having a good holiday season!!

• Plus1 1
On 8/27/2021 at 7:50 AM, FrantzHardySwag said:

On 8/27/2021 at 8:09 AM, DevoHusker said:

Good one brother. People that don't want to take it don't want to listen to those types of answers though. 

And, I believe we are over 350 million doses so far in the US. Getting to the point where it reaches stasis with regards to who will and who won't. 

This has been bugging me for a long time. Why? What is wrong with those answers? How is reducing your chances of getting covid, getting super sick, being hospitalized and dying not sufficient reason or an acceptable answer for those people? I really don’t get it.

Seems to me those people must not be interested in logical, rational and reasonable reasons. So what’s left, what’s it going to take? Do we just write them off as unreachable and unable to be reasoned with? I mean I have but is that all there is.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1