Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

56 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I'm real interested in seeing what J&J comes out with in terms of timeline for a booster. 

Same. They need to fix the signal booster for my data plan. It's a little shoddy in certain parts of town. 

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, GSG said:

Same. They need to fix the signal booster for my data plan. It's a little shoddy in certain parts of town. 

My 5G will kick in pretty reliably when I'm downtown; it's a bit more spotty in the suburbs. 

• Haha 1

Has there been any updated studies regarding transmission rates from those vaccinated versus unvaccinated? I thought it was at this point more of they think so but not confirmed? If it reduces transmission rates by a fair amount then sure. Otherwise I don’t see a lot of point. Obviously there are going to be mutations & they could potentially be more dangerous. Not that the vaccine would 100% work against another mutation anyway. But the death rate & side effects on that age group are so low it just seems like it’s a play by Pfizer to make money. 

Kinda seems like if you’ve been vaccinated covid is now almost entirely over. Major chains now opening up like Costco, Trader Joe’s, & Walmart without masks (if you claim you are fully vaccinated). More soon to come I’d assume. A lot of push back by the vaccinated community for that. But if you’re vaccinated you don’t have much to worry about. Unvaccinated people will face the consequences (at least potentially). 

On 5/15/2021 at 8:02 AM, Decked said:

Kinda seems like if you’ve been vaccinated covid is now almost entirely over. Major chains now opening up like Costco, Trader Joe’s, & Walmart without masks (if you claim you are fully vaccinated). More soon to come I’d assume. A lot of push back by the vaccinated community for that. But if you’re vaccinated you don’t have much to worry about. Unvaccinated people will face the consequences (at least potentially). 

Would be nice if those chains would require you to show your vaccine card, then there'd be more incentive for people to get vaccinated. But I suspect we'll go back to life as usual and the annual average death rate will be higher than before.

48 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Would be nice if those chains would require you to show your vaccine card, then there'd be more incentive for people to get vaccinated. But I suspect we'll go back to life as usual and the annual average death rate will be higher than before.

Seems like a waste of time. If you’re that scared don’t go out. People will just fake their cards. Anti-Vaxers have made their choice. 

• Plus1 1
32 minutes ago, Decked said:

Seems like a waste of time. If you’re that scared don’t go out. People will just fake their cards. Anti-Vaxers have made their choice. 

Exactly. Vaccinated people are not dying from Covid at this point. Finally we are to the point where people have to own their choices. I'm vaccinated and I'm not wearing a mask at any place that doesn't mandate it. Within a couple weeks I likely won't wear one period. If a person hasn't been vaccinated and/or doesn't wear a mask, their fate is in their control.

I'm a bit of a d!(k but I won't lose any sleep over anti maskers and anti vaxxers getting sick or dying. They've been provided endless information and chances. Time for Darwin to take over.

• Oh Yeah! 1