Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

On 5/16/2021 at 12:58 PM, JJ Husker said:

Exactly. Vaccinated people are not dying from Covid at this point. Finally we are to the point where people have to own their choices. I'm vaccinated and I'm not wearing a mask at any place that doesn't mandate it. Within a couple weeks I likely won't wear one period. If a person hasn't been vaccinated and/or doesn't wear a mask, their fate is in their control.

I'm a bit of a d!(k but I won't lose any sleep over anti maskers and anti vaxxers getting sick or dying. They've been provided endless information and chances. Time for Darwin to take over.

Don't forget the immunocompromised and their families, but F them, right? If we have learned anything from the last year or so, it has probably been that.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, deedsker said:

Don't forget the immunocompromised and their families, but F them, right? If we have learned anything from the last year or so, it has probably been that.

Wow!  Overreact much?

BTW, this guy right here is one of the immunocompromised people of whom you speak. And yes, these people (including me) are responsible for our own safety. Our welfare is in our hands. I don’t expect other people to permanently modify their life for me.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Wow!  Overreact much?

BTW, this guy right here is one of the immunocompromised people of whom you speak. And yes, these people (including me) are responsible for our own safety. Our welfare is in our hands. I don’t expect other people to permanently modify their life for me.

I am sorry to whatever extent other people expose you. My comments were based on the Darwin part of your comments. Some immunocompromised people want to live and have their freedom, just like everyone else, but their bodies won't allow them to get vaccinated. 

The fact that we can't get a high majority of people to become vaccinated to allow the people who need to interact with these people to go on with their lives. In my experience, the "I need my freedoms crowd" are pretty quick to impede on the "I want to work a normal job without risking the life of my family (spouse, child, or parent)" crowd.

13 minutes ago, deedsker said:

I am sorry to whatever extent other people expose you. My comments were based on the Darwin part of your comments. Some immunocompromised people want to live and have their freedom, just like everyone else, but their bodies won't allow them to get vaccinated. 

The fact that we can't get a high majority of people to become vaccinated to allow the people who need to interact with these people to go on with their lives. In my experience, the "I need my freedoms crowd" are pretty quick to impede on the "I want to work a normal job without risking the life of my family (spouse, child, or parent)" crowd.

Wouldn't those people just keep wearing a mask?  Or two?

I mean, if I was in that situation I would double up masks.

19 minutes ago, deedsker said:

I feel for the people who cannot get vaccinated due to their health situation. My comments were aimed at the knuckle draggers who have been anti masking since day one and those who choose to not get vaccinated even though they can.

I would’ve thought that was fairly clear.....guess not.

12 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I feel for the people who cannot get vaccinated due to their health situation. My comments were aimed at the knuckle draggers who have been anti masking since day one and those who choose to not get vaccinated even though they can.

I would’ve thought that was fairly clear.....guess not.

I think it was clear, but you know, maybe my acceptance and furthering weren't either. Your reactions mean I didn't do a good job furthering the ideocracy these people and their positions being continually harmful to our society.

There’s a million ways now to function in society with as minimal contact as possible. From food, to shopping, car repair, etc. Wear two masks, socially distance, and isolate yourself physically if you are immunocompromised. Get the vaccine if able. It’s time for the rest of society to get going. 

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...