Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

This has been bugging me for a long time. Why? What is wrong with those answers? How is reducing your chances of getting covid, getting super sick, being hospitalized and dying not sufficient reason or an acceptable answer for those people? I really don’t get it.

Seems to me those people must not be interested in logical, rational and reasonable reasons. So what’s left, what’s it going to take? Do we just write them off as unreachable and unable to be reasoned with? I mean I have but is that all there is.

^ THIS ^

And when did people stop understanding that as we learn more (in science in this case but it rings true elsewhere) things change?  To say that because guidance has changed as time has moved on means that the scientists don't know anything is just asinine.  

• Plus1 4

7 hours ago, NM11046 said:

^ THIS ^

And when did people stop understanding that as we learn more (in science in this case but it rings true elsewhere) things change?  To say that because guidance has changed as time has moved on means that the scientists don't know anything is just asinine.  

I 100% agree...

Science should determine it all.  

• Thanks 1
On 12/18/2021 at 12:34 PM, JJ Husker said:

This has been bugging me for a long time. Why? What is wrong with those answers? How is reducing your chances of getting covid, getting super sick, being hospitalized and dying not sufficient reason or an acceptable answer for those people? I really don’t get it.

Seems to me those people must not be interested in logical, rational and reasonable reasons. So what’s left, what’s it going to take? Do we just write them off as unreachable and unable to be reasoned with? I mean I have but is that all there is.

Yes. And you take steps to make it where if they *could* be vaccinated and made the moronic decision not to, then they pay for the entirety of their hospital stay/treatment out of pocket. Or are just barred from seeking help for COVID-19 infections from a hospital all together. 

Maybe when they're barred from seeking treatment or barred from hiding behind their insurance to face the reality of this pandemic, they'll get on board. Or they can roll the dice (like a lot of the Herman Cain award winners have--check out the Reddit, as it's equal parts funny/sad/frightening) and when they end up on the wrong side of the board...TDB :dunno

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pretty sure I’ve got the Covid again. Slight headache, slight sore throat, sinus congestion, trouble focusing…. It’s been so mild this time not planning on getting tested. Heck it’s so mild I’m headed out to shovel snow. I had Covid pretty bad back in March, felt like death warmed over for 3-4 weeks and I’ve had 3 full dose vaccines since. I can tell you the vaccines are well worth it. May not totally prevent it but it helps make it almost unnoticeable.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

Feel better JJ.  Happy New Year.

Thanks. I really don’t feel too bad. Worst part is my wife is treating it like I have the plague. Spraying so much Lysol around the house I can hardly breathe :lol: She keeps threatening me….If you give it to me again!!! :steam:lol:

• Haha 2
On 1/1/2022 at 11:56 AM, JJ Husker said:

Pretty sure I’ve got the Covid again. Slight headache, slight sore throat, sinus congestion, trouble focusing…. It’s been so mild this time not planning on getting tested. Heck it’s so mild I’m headed out to shovel snow. I had Covid pretty bad back in March, felt like death warmed over for 3-4 weeks and I’ve had 3 full dose vaccines since. I can tell you the vaccines are well worth it. May not totally prevent it but it helps make it almost unnoticeable.

Household had it over Thanksgiving (though only 2 people tested positive, 1 child, 1 adult). We tried to quarantine as much as possible and kept masks on most of the time, but one adult wasn't vaccinated and two were. Myself and the other vaccinated felt very little effects if we ever had it, the unvaccinated could barely move.

• 5 months later...