Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

Fight-COVID-19-with-dairy-China-industry
Fight COVID-19 with dairy? China industry associations issue consumption guidelines to ‘build immune resistance’
17-Mar-2020 By Pearly Neo

Four major dairy industry associations in China have formed a set of guidelines for dairy and dairy product consumption for local residents in the hope of strengthening the public's immune health amid the COVID-19 novel coronavirus outbreak.  LINK 

==================================================  

To hell with experimental vaccines and ingesting disinfectants.  I'm gonna drink a glass of chocolate milk!  

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, GSG said:

What was it?

It was a YouTube video with Ashley Stump. She was sarcastically talking about all the things we should be doing for the coronavirus and wondering how people could be confused with all the guidance we're getting. And then she proceeds to go through all the conflicting information.

We should stay home and not go out for any reason.....unless we have a reason.

Wearing a mask will not protect us....but masks save lives and we should all wear one.

Stuff like that. It was funny and spot on. Not sure what happened to the video but it's no longer on YouTube.

Edit- *Adley Stump*

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

It was a YouTube video with Ashley Stump. She was sarcastically talking about all the things we should be doing for the coronavirus and wondering how people could be confused with all the guidance we're getting. And then she proceeds to go through all the conflicting information.

We should stay home and not go out for any reason.....unless we have a reason.

Wearing a mask will not protect us....but masks save lives and we should all wear one.

Stuff like that. It was funny and spot on. Not sure what happened to the video but it's no longer on YouTube.

Edit- *Adley Stump*

I watched it the other day.  It was hilariously frustrating!

And she's purdy...

99% of Those Who Died From Virus Had Other Illness, Italy Says
By Tommaso Ebhardt, Chiara Remondini, and Marco Bertacche    March 18, 2020, 7:56 AM CDT  

More than 99% of Italy’s coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions, according to a study by the country’s national health authority.

After deaths from the virus reached more than 2,500, with a 150% increase in the past week, health authorities have been combing through data to provide clues to help combat the spread of the disease.  LINK 

7 minutes ago, NUance said:

99% of Those Who Died From Virus Had Other Illness, Italy Says
By Tommaso Ebhardt, Chiara Remondini, and Marco Bertacche    March 18, 2020, 7:56 AM CDT  

More than 99% of Italy’s coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions, according to a study by the country’s national health authority.

After deaths from the virus reached more than 2,500, with a 150% increase in the past week, health authorities have been combing through data to provide clues to help combat the spread of the disease.  LINK 

Interesting.  One thing that I'm really getting sick and tired of is when a death is mentioned...almost immediately, someone says...."Well, he has other health problems".  Like, hey, you have high blood pressure....so, it's fine if you die.

The new study could provide insight into why Italy’s death rate, at about 8% of total infected people, is higher than in other countries.

The Rome-based institute has examined medical records of about 18% of the country’s coronavirus fatalities, finding that just three victims, or 0.8% of the total, had no previous pathology. Almost half of the victims suffered from at least three prior illnesses and about a fourth had either one or two previous conditions.

More than 75% had high blood pressure, about 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease.

People live with these conditions for years.  It's not OK if they....oh well, got COVID and died.  They were going to die anyway.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Interesting.  One thing that I'm really getting sick and tired of is when a death is mentioned...almost immediately, someone says...."Well, he has other health problems".  Like, hey, you have high blood pressure....so, it's fine if you die.

People live with these conditions for years.  It's not OK if they....oh well, got COVID and died.  They were going to die anyway.

Is that what the article said?  

7 minutes ago, NUance said:

Is that what the article said?  

No...I'm projecting that onto people I know that have the attitude that all this is stupid and we should just open everything back up because the only people that die are people with preexisting conditions.

Not talking about anyone on here.  I'm talking about other conversations I find myself in.

19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No...I'm projecting that onto people I know that have the attitude that all this is stupid and we should just open everything back up because the only people that die are people with preexisting conditions.

Not talking about anyone on here.  I'm talking about other conversations I find myself in.

Fair enough. 

6 hours ago, skersfan said:

Interesting read. Here are some take always I have working in the health care myself:

1. The study has not received peer review acceptance at this point, and I doubt it will. They state “The Premier Biotech serology test used in this study has not been approved by the FDA by the time of the study, and validation studies for this assay are ongoing.” My hunch is it won’t be validated because their methods for sampling weren’t truly random and created admitted biases in their turnout (they discuss this and multiple other issues with their sample size in the report in the discussions section).
2. The study states they had an “over- representation of white women between the ages of 19 and 64” and then goes on to state “We did not account for age imbalance in our sample”. We know from other studies around the world that this virus is having a much greater impact on those over the age of 65 and those who have comorbidities (other issues). Those studies, which were peer reviewed and widely accredited, show a much different seropositivity, and included some initial rough R0 data from follow-up work/resampling as well (which the Stanford study excludes due to their methods of sampling). These studies also show a much higher fatality rate (most likely because they included more demographically accurate sample sizes).

3. They admit much more research is needed, saying “Repeated serologic testing in different geographies, spaced a few weeks apart, could establish extent of infection over time.” 

Something to remember - Dr. Atlas has opinions on everything. Do a little google search and you’ll often find they are very politically driven. He’s a lobbyist, who gets paid to sway public opinion because he has “MD” behind his name. You’ll also find that very few people in the medical field agree with him. That’s why he has to write “opinion” pieces, and not peer reviewed case studies to make his points. In other words. He currently makes up a very small n-size of physicians that agree with his opinion. Keep that in mind.  Also, if more people listened to the opinions of one MD over the opposing and more consistent opinions of many MDs... we’d have a lot more issues in this country.

For example: If you’re sick and suffering with (insert any ailment), are you going to want to take a path to recovery recommended by one doctor based on one study, or a proven path recommended by a universal panel of doctors who’ve peer reviewed multiple studies?

I want football as bad as the next guy, but if we listen to politicians/lobbyists and not the greater medical community, this thing will draw out longer than it needs to.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1