Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

44 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well....everyone's facebook friend groups are going to be different.  However, I'll have to say that anyone on mine that talks about politics is squarely in the MAGA crowd.  If they get bad enough, I unfollow them.  I'd rather have mine filled with people who are posting random pictures of vacation drives to Colorado or grandkids.

Facebook's algorithm appears to have picked up on my habits quite well over the years. I've eliminated virtually all political discussion (and news) from my feed, so far as I'm able. I have some people really close to me that still feel like sharing their political thoughts every once in awhile and there isn't much I can do about that, but I don't get bombarded with that kind of stuff near as often as I used to.

I also have to humble brag a bit and say that I feel like I have pretty solid self control. If somebody posts something I don't like, I typically just ignore it and keep scrolling.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well....everyone's facebook friend groups are going to be different.  However, I'll have to say that anyone on mine that talks about politics is squarely in the MAGA crowd.  If they get bad enough, I unfollow them.  I'd rather have mine filled with people who are posting random pictures of vacation drives to Colorado or grandkids.

:thumbs

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/23/health/covid-deaths.html 

Universal mask use could prevent nearly 130,000 deaths from Covid-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus, in the United States through next spring, scientists reported on Friday.

The findings follow an assertion by Dr. Scott W. Atlas, the president’s science adviser, that masks are ineffective, in a tweet later taken down by Twitter for spreading misinformation. On Wednesday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released new guidance recommending mask use in public settings, including public transportation.

A surge of infections, driven in part by neglect of safety precautions, has begun to overwhelm hospitals in much of the nation. More than 75,000 new cases were reported in the United States on Thursday, the second-highest daily total nationwide since the pandemic began. Eight states set single-day case records.

These numbers are likely to continue through the fall and winter, with a steady rise in cases and deaths until January and staying high after that point, said Christopher Murray, director of the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington and lead author of the report.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ScarletRevival said:

My life doesn’t revolve around message boards.

I’ll patiently wait for your prompt response.

Some of us have a little more time than others, seeing as we're taking this pandemic seriously. 

4 hours ago, ScarletRevival said:

My life doesn’t revolve around message boards.

I’ll patiently wait for your prompt response.

Maybe you should get your “news” from sources other than late night talk show hosts and MSNBC.  I have no interest discussing dishonest narratives.

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

Some of us have a little more time than others, seeing as we're taking this pandemic seriously. 

tenor.gif

Oh man, I just read through his/her posts. Wow. I was gonna correct them, but that seems like a waste of time. And being someone who works in healthcare, wife works in healthcare, all the people in our social circle work in healthcare - I'm pretty open with discussing COVID with just about anyone - but that seems like a lost cause. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

https://apnews.com/article/health-kansas-virus-outbreak-f218e1a38cce6b2af63c1cd23f1d234e

Keep in mind this is back in August. I saw a newer article saying the rate has risen in places without the mandate and stayed about the same in those with a mask mandate, but can't find it now.

BELLE PLAINE, Kan. (AP) — Kansas counties that have mask mandates in place have seen a rapid drop in cases, while counties that only recommend their use have seen no decrease in cases, the state’s top health official said Wednesday.

• Thanks 1

On 10/27/2020 at 3:18 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

How much more wrong could you be?

The answer is none. None more wrong. 

download.jpg

I remember when words used to have meanings.

Everything I said is common knowledge as was reported on newscasts, in press conferences, or direct interviews with medical professionals. Whether or not you chose to believe it or not is up to you.