This guy (Coach Austin) gets it.

4 hours ago, Gorillahawk said:

It’s been said many times it takes 5 years to build a program. That’s getting your first recruits completely through counting their redshirt year. I’m willing to give Frost at least through his 5th year to truly see what he’s building. Our program has been in the crapper since MR so honestly what do we have to lose. We can all see that if nothing else Frost seems to be getting high caliber athletes and he is trying to build a culture of success. If he fails the next guy will be in better shape from the start then Frost was

That's what is so amazing to me......After 3 losing seasons (Riley and Frost) he is still pulling in some great classes.  I can't help but think once we start winning that they can't do anything but get better.

2 hours ago, lo country said:

That's what is so amazing to me......After 3 losing seasons (Riley and Frost) he is still pulling in some great classes.  I can't help but think once we start winning that they can't do anything but get better.

I totally agree, and I think he is the answer, but anyone who thinks his seat should be getting pretty hot is focusing solely on the wins and losses and not seeing the improvement through the vast difficulties we’ve had

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, lo country said:

Every coach has pulled in "amazing classes ".  That's all I have read about for years, the only pros that have been brought in were by the actual good football coach.  Once we start winning? When does that actually happen? That's a serious question, because getting great classes for the last 5 years hasn't turned into anything. 

Name 5 professionals on this team, seems hard doesn't it. 

Please tell me how I have to wait X more number of years until whatever dynasty you made on your last NCAA XBox game.  

• Fire 1

Theres a big difference between 4-8 or 5-7 seasons as 8-5 with a bowl win and another big jump to 9 + wins and a berth in Big Ten champ game.  A another big jump to actually winning that Big Ten.  Finally another big jump to a legit playoff shot.  We are trying to climb that first hill this year.  I believe we will (if we play this fall which I say the odds are maybe 50/50 at most.  Too many seem to think its “all or nothing” 5-7 or 10-2.  I see lots of room between and 2020 will be better than the past 5 or more teams 

26 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Every coach has pulled in "amazing classes ".  That's all I have read about for years, the only pros that have been brought in were by the actual good football coach.  Once we start winning? When does that actually happen? That's a serious question, because getting great classes for the last 5 years hasn't turned into anything. 

Please tell me how I have to wait X more number of years until whatever dynasty you made on your last NCAA XBox game.  

Not with this sh!tty of a record....Cally inherited winning seasons and was 2 years removed from NU playing in the NC......Riley inherited 7 consecutive 9 win seasons.....NU hasn't had this many losing seasons since I have been alive.......

Riley was a joke hire to begin with.  He was now as I said then simply the anti-Bo.  He wasn't brought in to win.....Frost has a lot of improving and growing to do.  I have said that throughout his first 2 years here.......

Frost has 4 guys in the combine.  On the current roster?  Who knows......That's why we play the game.

So I am ASSuming you are for firing Frost?  What's your plan if you were HC?

And your last dig about XBox....Please..............

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, KingBlank said:

Sooooo.....we shouldn’t care if we pull in good athletes?  Just pulling in the athletes is one small part. But, it’s dang hard to win if you DONT have those athletes. 

Frost is working on those other parts. 

Five pros on this team?  Well, pretty hard since they are all amateurs at this point. But, players that might turn out to be Pros?  Wandale, Benhart, Mccafery, Bootle, Henrick, Hickman, Ty Robinson, Pola Gates, Hutmacher, Manning, Betts, Greene, Corcoran. That’s just to name a few. 

unproven?  Hell yes. But that’s what you get when the majority of your team is freshmen or sophomores. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Fire 1
On 3/15/2020 at 11:52 AM, lo country said:

Not with this sh!tty of a record....Cally inherited winning seasons and was 2 years removed from NU playing in the NC......Riley inherited 7 consecutive 9 win seasons.....NU hasn't had this many losing seasons since I have been alive.......

Riley was a joke hire to begin with.  He was now as I said then simply the anti-Bo.  He wasn't brought in to win.....Frost has a lot of improving and growing to do.  I have said that throughout his first 2 years here.......

Frost has 4 guys in the combine.  On the current roster?  Who knows......That's why we play the game.

So I am ASSuming you are for firing Frost?  What's your plan if you were HC?

And your last dig about XBox....Please..............

Frost didn't even recruit 3 of them, let's be clear he didn't elevate the Davis Twins. 

No I'm not for firing him, I'm for people to stop just assuming that he is going to win massive amounts of games with the current way he coaches.  It's the most annoying thing to read.  Up until this point he hasn't been a good in game coach.  Those are just facts

• Fire 1
3 hours ago, KingBlank said:

No I'm not for firing him, I'm for people to stop just assuming that he is going to win massive amounts of games with the current way he coaches.  It's the most annoying thing to read.  Up until this point he hasn't been a good in game coach.  Those are just facts

This is a perfect post.  If things don't get better, you can gloat about being right.  If things do get better, you can just claim that he changed what he was doing.

No way to be wrong.  Excellent work.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1