Cam Mack

21 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

I am confused. One minute I feel like he is out then back in then out then back in.

Here is my take on Cam. I think he is a passionate dude who lets himself wander. I think Fred is being really tough on guys like him to try and right the ship now.... It seems like Cam and others understand they screwed up but still hard to not feel like you are getting big punishment for little things.

Fred is flipping the culture. Holding guys accountable. 

If Cam comes back, I hope he fully buys in and that will help him on the court.

Hopefully Cam realizes Fred is trying to set him up for a better life, regardless of basketball.

Becoming an adult and maturing is not always an easy process. 

2 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Some of the idiots who feel the need to respond just baffle me.

I am not saying I agree with all of Cam's choices but feeling like you need to take a shot at a kid... Jeeeezus..

BE BETTER.

While I think he's not NBA ready, I would never discourage a kid from looking.  If nothing else he will get feedback from NBA people on what he needs to improve.  Right now I'd say what he needs to work on most is his maturity both on and off court.  All the fake bow & arrow when he makes a 3 or the goggles when he makes a nice pass won't fly in the NBA.  Neither will being late for practice/film sessions/team transportation.  Hopefully he figures it all out and comes back to NU because the on court talent is obviously there.

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/teams/mens-basketball/huskers-fill-need-for-a-point-guard-with-western-illinois/article_35a6d447-25a1-5f14-9d74-5c88e8129e8e.html

With Webster committed, Nebraska is technically one over the scholarship limit. But even though Mack will keep his eligibility after declaring for the NBA draft, sources have said it is unlikely he returns to Nebraska.

Meaning Webster is your 2020-21 point guard.

I really want Cam back, but if he does not have a spot I see him going to a smaller school in Texas. He is in a tough situation though because he most likely has to sit a year unless granted the waiver to be closer to mom. Right now my evaluation for him is a bench G league player. 

He reminds me a little bit of Malik Henry. Now, Cam is not entirely a me guy like Malik but his pattern of behavior reminds me of him. This is something that can happen during a losing season because it can be difficult to lock in when you lose as many times as Nebraska did. He has some growing up to do. 

Also, I know a player who's JuCo coach told players they can show up 15 mins before games. It's crazy. I doubt that was Cam's JuCo but just wanted to give a little perspective on where some Juco players may not completely grow up in JC. 

11 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

I really want Cam back, but if he does not have a spot I see him going to a smaller school in Texas. He is in a tough situation though because he most likely has to sit a year unless granted the waiver to be closer to mom. 

If he transfers, his biggest problem will be that he graduated HS in 2017.  That means he has two years for two years of eligibility.  If he sits a year as a transfer, he loses a year of playing.

• 3 weeks later...

12 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Anyone know if he'll be a graduate transfer or regular transfer? He's from Austin right, I don't know if UT would be interested or not. Maybe SMU? 

He will be a regular transfer.  Currently has two years to play two seasons so if he has to sit, he will lose a year of eligibility.  Where ever he ends up will have to apply for a waiver of immediate eligibility from the NCAA.  Hopefully he doesn't end up a longhorn.

• Plus1 1
  • 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I know none of us can fully understand what is happening in a kid's life.  But, to me this is a prime example of :bang with the constant transfers in college basketball.

Here is a kid that has a dream of going to the NBA.  He's a really good player. He probably has the raw talent to get there some day.  He obviously tried to go to the NBA this year and it's not goin to work out.  

So...his only option is to transfer and probably sit out a year.  He basically delayed fulfilling his NBA dream by at least a year. The only way he didn't is if he gets a waiver from the NCAA which, who knows what criteria they use for making up their minds.  

He could have stayed in a program and develop with the players around him and played another year in a very competitive league to showcase his talents.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Cam Mack Declares for the Draft - Transfers to Prairie View A&M
  • seaofred92 changed the title to Cam Mack