Huskers land Western Illinois Transfer Kobe Webster

29 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Delano.  Im just saying,  it's interesting we are getting a 1 year point guard when Cam might be coming back. Or probably not.

It’s possible, but I would be shocked if he’s back. He obviously wants gone and he wasn’t paying attention to rules while here. 

The mom situation might be the wildcard. 

7 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

He's a good point guard who needs to prove he can follow rules.  I think that will hurt him trying to get to the next level.

Oh....I’ve been saying that for a long time. Problem is, he’s put himself kind of in a no mans land. He’s on thin ice here and he hasn’t set himself up well to be welcomed at the next level. 

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/teams/mens-basketball/huskers-fill-need-for-a-point-guard-with-western-illinois/article_35a6d447-25a1-5f14-9d74-5c88e8129e8e.html

In a meeting this week in Indianapolis before the Big Ten tournament, Fred Hoiberg sat across from Kobe Webster and told him he needed a point guard.

Hoiberg laid out the situation. He needed someone who could distribute, someone who could score. Someone who, presumably, could take over for Cam Mack, who days later would declare for the NBA draft.

“He just explained he runs a 5-out system, which I think fits my style,” said Webster, a 6-foot grad transfer who scored 1,417 points in three seasons at Western Illinois. “Everything just lined up.”

• Plus1 1