Who do you plan on voting for? (March 2020 edition)

General Election 2020 - Who ya got?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

There's just no logic in any of this. It'd be funny if it wasn't going to damage so many people's lives.

Part of this sounds like a troll.  "Hey, teach, watch me make their heads explode."

/Knap climbs up on his holier-than-though democratic pedestal. 

/NUance makes jokes about how everyone can now see up Knap's skirt.   

• Haha 4
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, NUance said:

How could it have been contained?  Has any flu outbreak ever been contained?  

They have contained it pretty well in SK. Again taking tests from WHO and not firing the pandemic team would have probably helped. We still don't have testing widely available and that is solely because Trump wants to keep the numbers artificially low to help his reelection. That type of response will be the reason we have hundreds of thousands if not more dead instead of tens of thousands. Has the response been adequate in your mind? 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Fru said:

Not firing the Pandemic Response team probably would’ve been a solid start. 

Did he fire everyone in the government responsible for flu research and vaccines?  Everyone?  So there is no one in government right now responsible for researching flu and vaccines.  Is that what you are saying? 

If this was a predictable problem, why was there no outcry over the firings two years ago when they took place? 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Image may contain: one or more people, possible text that says 'THIS PRESIDENT DIDN'T CREATE THIS VIRUS, BUT He IGNORED IT, DENIED IT, MINIMIZED IT, JOKED ABOUT IT, WEAPONIZED IT, POLITICIZED IT, AND EXACERBATED IT. He IS CULPABLE FOR THE CHAOS AND THE UNNECESSARY ILLNESS, AND YES, THE PREVENTABLE DEATHS BECAUSE OF IT-AND HIS SUPPORTERS ARE TOO. THIS IS THE HUMAN COST OF THE MAGA CULT DELUSION, AND WE'RE ALL PAYING FOR IT NOW EQUALLY.'

There are no excuses, no explaining this away. Trumps leadership will have caused hundreds of thousands of preventable deaths and extreme economic distress by the time this is all said and done. There is no one else to blame.

• Plus1 3
10 minutes ago, NUance said:

Did he fire everyone in the government responsible for flu research and vaccines?  Everyone?  So there is no one in government right now responsible for researching flu and vaccines.  Is that what you are saying? 

If this was a predictable problem, why was there no outcry over the firings two years ago when they took place? 

Again, that’s not even close to what I said. I’ve simply stated facts twice. I’m not sure how you’re arriving to these conclusions. 

Pandemics usually aren’t predictable. That’s why it’s helpful to have a team in place for when it happens. 

• Plus1 3

I can at least respect that NUance is honest about his reasons for supporting Trump. It's not about owning the libs and it's not born out of malice for immigrants, snowflakes, etc. He just thinks the country runs fine under Trump. Clearly pretty much everyone here disagrees.

There was outcry when Trump fired the pandemic team, btw. It's just no one could do anything about it since it was exclusively under his purview and he wouldn't listen to the people who knew better who told him it was a bad idea. This is Trump's government and how this plays out falls on his shoulders.

I could never vote for Trump because 1) I disagree with him on issues 2) he's a terrible human being and 3) he's proudly ignorant and will not listen to reason or logic from people who know subjects better than he does and it gets us in situations like this.

Nonetheless lots of people hate both parties. They will be an interesting voting bloc to follow this go around.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, NUance said:

There was outcry. I remember it happening when he did it.

And people who research vaccines don’t necessarily know anything about how to deal with/prevent pandemics.

• Plus1 1

55 minutes ago, Fru said:

Again, that’s not even close to what I said. I’ve simply stated facts twice. I’m not sure how you’re arriving to these conclusions. 

Pandemics usually aren’t predictable. That’s why it’s helpful to have a team in place for when it happens. 

So you're saying that, because Trump fired one pandemic response team there was no one else in government left with that responsibility?  If that's not what you are saying, then what do you mean by "it’s helpful to have a team in place for when it happens"?

• Plus1 1

btw, I thought this thread was about who you plan to vote for, and why.   I didn't realize it was about, if you're voting for Trump call the alarm for all the narrow minded asshats to pile on.  

Good day asshats!

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2
3 minutes ago, NUance said:

btw, I thought this thread was about who you plan to vote for, and why.   I didn't realize it was about, if you're voting for Trump call the alarm for all the narrow minded asshats to pile on.  

Good day asshats!

Yes, we are the narrow minded asshats because we are pointing out the 'status quo' sucks majorly and will cost many americans their lives

• Plus1 1