Work Related Issues

Work from home, virtual classes...it is actually more work than going to school and teaching.  

I don't think we will be going back to school this year.

Silver lining:  This will help us build virtual classrooms and we will be able to offer new/extra classes via the net.  Students will get to take more classes with a bit more freedom as to when they are doing the work, they will be able to get more credits and it will prepare them for what college will be like.

I work freelance, and am currently pretty unsure if this will have a big effect on me or not. Thankfully I've got the next month and a half of income already taken care of with remote work, but if I can't find many shooting/directing gigs after that I hope a lot of people are looking for editors. 

All in all I'm currently pretty thankful that I do a lot of work from home and for clients that won't be effected too drastically.

I'm a software engineer, and we've been working from home for the last week. I'm super fortunate that my company probably won't be hit much financially.

I've been calling my favorite local shops, restaurants, and breweries to ask them if they sell gift cards and tell them they should. I'll be buying gift cards every week to try and do some small part of keeping them in business. For my kids' activities I've told them we'll keep paying and stay enrolled even if they cancel their activities as long as they keep paying their employees.

If anyone has ideas of how else to help the economy, I'd like to hear them.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Landlord said:

I work freelance, and am currently pretty unsure if this will have a big effect on me or not. Thankfully I've got the next month and a half of income already taken care of with remote work, but if I can't find many shooting/directing gigs after that I hope a lot of people are looking for editors. 

All in all I'm currently pretty thankful that I do a lot of work from home and for clients that won't be effected too drastically.

Do a video on what people are doing during the virus.

2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I'm a software engineer, and we've been working from home for the last week. I'm super fortunate that my company probably won't be hit much financially.

I've been calling my favorite local shops, restaurants, and breweries to ask them if they sell gift cards and tell them they should. I'll be buying gift cards every week to try and do some small part of keeping them in business. For my kids' activities I've told them we'll keep paying and stay enrolled even if they cancel their activities as long as they keep paying their employees.

If anyone has ideas of how else to help the economy, I'd like to hear them.

Sure, I know how you can help one very small specific part of the economy...DM for me Venmo info!  Ha