Lines For Three 2020 Husker Games Released

On 3/18/2020 at 9:03 AM, Xmas32 said:

That Ohio State line looks 5 points too low.

If I was a betting man I'd be all over OSU and PSU. 

31 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

More lines.. this time from FanDuel:

Nebraska -6 v Cincinnati

Nebraska +20.5 @ Ohio State

Nebraska +7 v Penn State

Nebraska +6 @ Iowa

Nebraska +10.5 @ Wisconsin

Nebraska +1 v Minnesota

http://nebula.wsimg.com/ab1fc3c995287c7231963f552a98673e?AccessKeyId=F4E5462B12CB60B63AD2&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

Those OSU and PSU lines make way more sense than the ones in the OP. 

• Plus1 1

58 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

More lines.. this time from FanDuel:

Nebraska -6 v Cincinnati

Nebraska +20.5 @ Ohio State

Nebraska +7 v Penn State

Nebraska +6 @ Iowa

Nebraska +10.5 @ Wisconsin

Nebraska +1 v Minnesota

http://nebula.wsimg.com/ab1fc3c995287c7231963f552a98673e?AccessKeyId=F4E5462B12CB60B63AD2&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

Interesting choice of games to list 

You must prefer + signs over - 

Also minny game is NU -1

1 hour ago, GBRFAN said:

Interesting choice of games to list 

You must prefer + signs over - 

Also minny game is NU -1

I put the spreads based off nebraska being the first team. And the actual line is Nebraska +1. The BP line is what Brad Powers would have it at based on his power ratings.

19 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

All in all, regardless of how the games are listed or who's feelings were hurt, we are going to be dogs in a lot of our games and big dogs against anyone who is top 20.  Spin it how you want

Well, if anyone was wanting this team to have an underdog mentality about itself...showing them the lines to many of these games is a great way to do that. :)

• Fire 1

41 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

All in all, regardless of how the games are listed or who's feelings were hurt, we are going to be dogs in a lot of our games and big dogs against anyone who is top 20.  Spin it how you want

Funnily enough we're only currently underdogs in 4. We really shouldn't be favored against Minnesota (and might not be as we get closer), but it's pretty in line with a lot of the projections. We should win the first 7, and in the last 5 there isn't an easy game. Minnesota and Iowa are our best shots, and they are the smallest lines. I'm also surprised to see the Penn State line so small, but that will probably change as people bet the over.

2 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Funnily enough we're only currently underdogs in 4. We really shouldn't be favored against Minnesota (and might not be as we get closer), but it's pretty in line with a lot of the projections. We should win the first 7, and in the last 5 there isn't an easy game. Minnesota and Iowa are our best shots, and they are the smallest lines. I'm also surprised to see the Penn State line so small, but that will probably change as people bet the over.

I don't understand how Nebraska should win the first 7.

Purdue beat Nebraska for the last two years. Northwestern has always been a competitive game. Cincinnati is well coached and likely better than Nebraska at this point.

Worst case scenario is starting 4-3. 5-2 seems likely.

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Purdue beat Nebraska for the last two years. Northwestern has always been a competitive game. Cincinnati is well coached and likely better than Nebraska at this point.

I know it sounds like hyperbole, but the psyche of this team is such that the success in that first 7 really does hinge on the opening game.  I have a strong gut feeling about that.  We've seen it the last two years with CU. Win against Purdue and 7-0 is possible with renewed belief in themselves and the program. Lose and 4-3, 3-4 becomes likely and a bowl becomes quite the challenge again.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

We aren't favored over Minnesota... We are underdogs in 5 listed.  +1 means they are favored by 1.

15 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

We have more talent than any team in our first 7 games - I know that has not translated to wins in the past, but in year 3 of this staff with better talent we should win. I expect to drop one, and I agree 5-2 seems likely. Cincy is probably the best team in that stretch, unless Purdue's offense clicks with everyone healthy or NW's new OC is magical. But they also weren't blowing teams out in the AAC, they lost some pieces, and we should be able to wear them down. Whether we actually will, I don't know.

10 hours ago, Hilltop said:

We aren't favored over Minnesota... We are underdogs in 5 listed.  +1 means they are favored by 1.

My bad, I was also using the link (apparently factoring in some dude's power rankings) instead of the posted odds. It will be interesting to see where that one ends up. They way I see it, we are 6-5 or 7-4, but likely coming off a 4 game losing streak. I think Minny loses to Iowa, Wisky, and Michigan, but they could be 8-3 and riding a 4 game winning streak.

• Plus1 1

On another note, that big of a gap on the Ohio State game should be worth betting imo.  Take Nebraska and the points on the big spread and then take Ohio state and give up the points on the other spread.  If Ohio State wins by 13-20, you win both bets.  In any other scenario, you only lose the fee.  I'm not a guy who bets on sports but this seems like a no brainer.  Am I missing something?

• Plus1 1