OT Branson Yager

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

7 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Yager commit?

• Nebraska
    • Iowa State
    • BYU

This poll is closed to new votes

• 1 month later...

30 minutes ago, flatwaterfan said:

I think it's a great pickup!   For a big guy he has good feet and is nimble.  

I am really loving the OL class that they have committed.    I think they could stand pat with what they have but they will probably go for 1 more.   I think Austin is building a strong unit.  

I think they take at least two more. 

Right now we take as many quality offensive linemen as we can. It’s been stated on here many times that the offensive line is probably the one position you have to have depth because it takes along time for the players bodies to get ready to play. Pretty much any team who is consistently successful has a high quality offensive line. A good online can make your average back look good and you good backs look great. Plus it goes along way for your qb if he knows he’s not going to be running for his life more often than not

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

10 hours ago, flatwaterfan said:

I think it's a great pickup!   For a big guy he has good feet and is nimble.  

I am really loving the OL class that they have committed.    I think they could stand pat with what they have but they will probably go for 1 more.   I think Austin is building a strong unit.  

I agree, and I will be critical of someone if I think that way. For being as big as he is, and not a ton of offers, I was impressed at his film. 

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think they take at least two more. 

You may be right.   I figure the number to hit is 17 but you have an acceptable range of +-1 which gives you a range of 16-18.   We have 4 Sr's and 13 underclassman so the target IMO is 4 although 5 would be within acceptable range.  One wildcard is Nouili.   I think he could get on scholarship in the next year or so.  Not sure if Hixon is still on scholarship?  I imagine he is?

Watched Yager's film again and just love this pickup as he adds overall value to the squad.   Can long snap and played a little nose besides playing OL so he's not one dimensional.  I do think he is best at OL though.  Reminds me of Banks a little.  Yager is reported to be a smart guy which is great for OL.   I really like what Austin has done in recruiting since he has been here. Now we will see how well he can develop them.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, flatwaterfan said:

You may be right.   I figure the number to hit is 17 but you have an acceptable range of +-1 which gives you a range of 16-18.   We have 4 Sr's and 13 underclassman so the target IMO is 4 although 5 would be within acceptable range.  One wildcard is Nouili.   I think he could get on scholarship in the next year or so.  Not sure if Hixon is still on schollarship?  I imagine he is?

That is one calculation to pay attention to.  However, I consider 5 to be the minimum average per class for O linemen.  We only took 3 last year.  You also would like to be able to build a two deep with every two classes.  So, when you look at that, even 5 is short.  Yes, most/all have redshirted, but that's going to be the way linemen go 99% of the time.

• Mavric changed the title to OT Branson Yager