Things to Do While Social Distancing

On 4/27/2020 at 11:34 AM, BigRedBuster said:

I don't have these exact ones.  My wife got them for my son and I a couple years ago for Christmas.  The ones we have are awesome.  You can stand there and carry on a normal conversation and then when you shoot, some how it detects it before it ever gets to your ears and it deadens it....then immediately, you can talk again and hear.

Now that I looked more, I think these are the actual ones we have.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/2225038.uts?MDK=dynbanP_TR&MDC=cat104381280

Thanks for this recommendation. I ordered 2 pairs of these Howard Leight Impact Sport (from Amazon) and received them yesterday. I’ve been banging hammers on metal tables and stuff trying to make them fail but they won’t. Pretty amazing that you can boost normal sounds up to 3X but they shut it down as soon as it gets too loud. Also ordered some mold to fit earplugs that will knock out another 32 dB. I think I should be good now. :thumbs

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve taken to making snide comments in public under the cover of my mask. A few days ago it was to say “nice mask” to some knuckle dragger at Sam’s Club who wasn’t wearing one. Today it was a lady at Safeway who was checking out a shopping cart filled only with 30+ bottles of Hydrogen Peroxide. I said “and that’s why people are having trouble finding things like toilet paper”. She looked at me but didn’t say anything. Anyway, put those masks to good use :lol:

• Plus1 1
On 4/29/2020 at 8:36 PM, JJ Husker said:

Ha. My son used our 3rd stall single door as a backstop for his hockey net for years. The first couple dings really bothered me but after awhile it just seemed easier than hanging a larger net. I got lucky on a hailstorm and the insurance company replaced it even when I told them most of the dents were older from hockey pucks. I guess it helped that pretty much everything on that side of the house sustained damage.

Super late on this but my cousin played tennis against his parents garage door growing up...he freaking beat the s#!t out of that thing...fast forward years later and he makes crazy a$$ bank teaching private lessons and running his own tennis club.  

The ironic part...he hates tennis now...for him it is a job.