Covid-19 a perk for Nebraska Football?

I may be way off base for thinking this?  If we get to hold our spring practices this summer, this virus may actually have benefited our team.  All the players who don't arrive until summer will be able to participate, and everything will be fresh instead of having the several month layoff.  Of course this could benefit other teams as well but many of them held more practices than we did earlier this spring so they have fewer remaining.  

• Plus1 5

The OP posted his thought as a question.  He followed it up with a, "may be way off base". 

I'll give his "out of the box thinking" a +1.  The reality is that all teams will have to deal with these cards that are dealt.  Thus, those who look at and then turn this into a positive really will gain the advantage in these circumstances.  So, we could actually gain an advantage if we work harder during this problem.

• Plus1 5

I think it's a reasonable, different way of looking at it.  Having all the new kids together would be a plus for sure.  I also think practice closer to the season would be a definite plus.

Some folks just aren't able to think any way other than what they always have,  as seen in some responses above.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Would the sellout streak be broken if the NCAA says the season is on but no fans? Asking for a friend 

if the NCAA says you can't sell any tickets would that mean that you sold all the tickets you were allowed to?   thus a sellout?

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, commando said:

if the NCAA says you can't sell any tickets would that would mean that you sold all the tickets you were allowed to?   thus a sellout?

Ya know what you're right! We are safe! Then by the time fans are allowed they will be so ready to go to a game we will be sure to sellout even if we haven't been doing great/are highly ranked and undefeated 

On Friday, the NCAA obliged, according to reports. Spring sports athletes will get another year of eligibility. The NCAA is also looking into what to do with athletes who played in winter sports. ... Spring sports athletes won't lose a year of eligibility for the 2020 season.4 days ago  LINK

Covid-19 might help Husker football out a little bit.  But it could really jumpstart Nebrasketball.  If the ncaa grants another year of eligibility there will be tons of grad transfers available.  That will help out major conference teams that are low on talent.  Like Nebraska.  Hoiberg would feast on huge influx of grad transfers.    

==========================  

btw,  Neither the OP nor I nor anyone else is making light of the Covid-19 situation by having this discussion.  It has affected everything in the nation, maybe in the world.  This is a Husker sports message board.  This thread is to discuss how Covid-19 affects Husker athletics.  I guess I don't see what the problem is with discussing the topic.    

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, NUance said:

Covid-19 might help Husker football out a little bit.  But it could really jumpstart Nebrasketball.  If the ncaa grants another year of eligibility there will be tons of grad transfers available.  That will help out major conference teams that are low on talent.  Like Nebraska.  Hoiberg would feast on huge influx of grad transfers.    

==========================  

btw,  Neither the OP nor I nor anyone else is making light of the Covid-19 situation by having this discussion.  It has affected everything in the nation, maybe in the world.  This is a Husker sports message board.  This thread is to discuss how Covid-19 affects Husker athletics.  I guess I don't see what the problem is with discussing the topic.    

Must be missing something here cause granting another year of eligibility would assure NU has the same team back for next year unless we had unused scholarships.   no room for transfers unless Fred can cut current scholarship players which I don’t believe Big Ten permits.  Guys may decide to leave but I would hope most want to stay as happy Huskers.