Covid-19 a perk for Nebraska Football?

8 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, you're way off base.

To be clear, my first response was intended in my usual smartass way. I don’t care what y’all talk about, it doesn’t bother me. I simply saw the opportunity based on the way the OP started and seized the moment. We can use a respite from the serious doom and gloom talk.

9 hours ago, NUance said:

Covid-19 might help Husker football out a little bit.  But it could really jumpstart Nebrasketball.  If the ncaa grants another year of eligibility there will be tons of grad transfers available.  That will help out major conference teams that are low on talent.  Like Nebraska.  Hoiberg would feast on huge influx of grad transfers.    

==========================  

btw,  Neither the OP nor I nor anyone else is making light of the Covid-19 situation by having this discussion.  It has affected everything in the nation, maybe in the world.  This is a Husker sports message board.  This thread is to discuss how Covid-19 affects Husker athletics.  I guess I don't see what the problem is with discussing the topic.    

I wonder How it would affect J.D. Spielman's decision.

The year off would allow him time to graduate and grad transfer closer to home, or maybe get some relief from possible concussion headaches and finish at DONU.

I would say that the team the past decade is not nearly as “fish bowled” as it used to be.   Fans used to know many of the players (appearance, size, major, class, etc).  Now most fans would have trouble naming the starting O line, WRs, or even RB.  Many dont likely know most coaches’ names.   If they feel watched now, imagine what happens if someday they actually start winning games !!   lol

11 hours ago, Hilltop said:

No offense taken.  I don't start threads typically but thought trying to find a positive right now couldn't hurt.  Hope everyone gets through this as good as possible.  GBR.

Well I now appreciate the positive intent of the thread.   NU needs every advantage it can find at this point. 

Maybe they'll play the season, but everyone just has to stay 6 feet apart. So, on offense we just surround the QB and no one can pass through to get to him and DBs 6 feet from WR all the time should lead to pretty good passing. It'll remove any defense weakness we might have so just who can score the most points. In order to tackle you just surround the ball carrier until they go out of bounds.

1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Maybe they'll play the season, but everyone just has to stay 6 feet apart. So, on offense we just surround the QB and no one can pass through to get to him and DBs 6 feet from WR all the time should lead to pretty good passing. It'll remove any defense weakness we might have so just who can score the most points. In order to tackle you just surround the ball carrier until they go out of bounds.

You are assuming the QB can throw and WRs can catch.  lol

Of course RBs must be allowed 6’ at all times so gonna be hard to stop those rubs straight down field as defenders must withdraw.