Jervay Green

Mavric

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/17/2020 at 8:21 PM, seaofred92 said:

Mack will be gone and I wouldn’t be surprised if Cross  was too. Also Easley won’t have a scholarship and Mack is gone. 

On 3/17/2020 at 11:38 PM, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I could see cross staying arop leaving. 

On 3/19/2020 at 2:40 PM, Caveman said:

Why do you think Cross might leave? He played good minutes and made an impact. 

On 3/19/2020 at 4:14 PM, seaofred92 said:

It’s just a guess. Someone else will be gone, maybe another too. Arop or him are most likely to be gone. 

On 3/19/2020 at 7:08 PM, seaofred92 said:

They’re the only remaining two I’d consider “expendable” 

Banton sat out last year

Walker sat out last year

Stevenson sat out last year

Thor is a Senior- could move on but Fred stood up for him and wanted him here last year after kicking everyone off the team.

Mack- Gone

Green- Gone

Burke- Gone

Ouedraogo- confirmed he’s back

Allen- newcomer

Mayen- newcomer

Webster- grad transfer

King- transfer

that’s 9 Scholarship guys.

We’re after multiple transfers still, including guards and bigs. We’ve been linked to 7-8 guys still out there in the market, I’m thinking we’ll take at least one, possibly two more. 

Then: 

Cross: Atrocious PER and shot 27% from 3. Not saying I want him to leave just wouldn’t be surprised if he did.

Arop: didn’t play meaningful minutes until we had nobody left

Plus what Mav said above. It’s not unthinkable to think these two would be processed and we’d bring in another PG/JUCO/Transfer

On 3/19/2020 at 7:48 PM, seaofred92 said:

He’s too slow to play 3. He needs to work his butt off and be a power forward and small ball 5. He actually initiates the break well and I don’t think he’s total deadweight. I just think if they chose to move on from him it won’t be the end of the world.

922AB428-F32C-49B9-B421-F07AF80B4235.gif

On 3/19/2020 at 3:23 PM, Mavric said:

From the times I watched him this year, Cross just doesn't look like a legit threat to me.  Maybe I just don't see it.  His shooting form just looks awkward to me - and his 27% shooting on 3s tends to agree with my assessment.  But he still fired up basically as many as anyone on the team.  And he just doesn't strike me as overly athletic.  As with Arop, I could see him realizing he is getting recruited over and look for other options.

1 hour ago, seaofred92 said:

922AB428-F32C-49B9-B421-F07AF80B4235.gif

giphy.gif

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Allen leaving got me wondering how Green is doing. 

Apparently the answer is - not great.  1.8 ppg and 0.9 apg in 10 minutes per game at Pacific.

JUCO guys haven't been working out very well so far.

That Western Nebraska CC is supposed to be really good in basketball, but their grads haven't had much recent success, at least at Nebraska (although Allen had mixed success at NU).

33 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That Western Nebraska CC is supposed to be really good in basketball, but their grads haven't had much recent success, at least at Nebraska (although Allen had mixed success at NU).

The only really great player I remember coming through WNCC was Bobby Jackson. He ended up with the Gophers and then was the #23 overall pick in 1997. Had a nice NBA career and won Sixth man one season. He was the same year as Bernard Garner that went to UNL. 

https://wnccathletics.com/sports/mbkb/MBBALL_Moving_On

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, GSG said:

The only really great player I remember coming through WNCC was Bobby Jackson. He ended up with the Gophers and then was the #23 overall pick in 1997. Had a nice NBA career and won Sixth man one season. He was the same year as Bernard Garner that went to UNL. 

https://wnccathletics.com/sports/mbkb/MBBALL_Moving_On

I remember Bobby Jackson.  He was a very good player at Minnesota and led them to the Final Four.  Of course, that Final Four was later vacated when the NCAA realized that Jackson and many other Gophers didn't go to class.

6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I remember Bobby Jackson.  He was a very good player at Minnesota and led them to the Final Four.  Of course, that Final Four was later vacated when the NCAA realized that Jackson and many other Gophers didn't go to class.

Wait, you have to go to class?  When did that start?

• Haha 2
  • 3 months later...
  • seaofred92 changed the title to Jervay Green