One Liners in Husker Radio/TV Lore

Here are a couple of my favorites, and these are not from the same game.

"Double extra point!  Double extra point!  Double extra point!" -- (can't remember exactly how many times the announcer repeated himself)

"He can't throw, he can't throw....it's tied."

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing from 2019 I can tell you that much.

I FOUND IT:   He’s got the touchdown! It’s a touchdown for Cory Schlesinger, This is the most glorious 4 min in NU history: So many other one liners  "they got him" when Costa gets sac

"AND THAT'S A GREAT KICK FROM OLE CHIEF THUNDERFOOT!    Now, while we've got a time out, let me tell you about the sweet, zesty, tangy taste of Dorothy Lynch salad dressing! It's great on sa

Posted Images

I FOUND IT:

He’s got the touchdown! It’s a touchdown for Cory Schlesinger,

This is the most glorious 4 min in NU history:

So many other one liners  "they got him" when Costa gets sacked 1st time.  "They got him again" - the 2nd sack.  "Its a jump ball, it is almost, Its Intercepted"

• Plus1 5

"AND THAT'S A GREAT KICK FROM OLE CHIEF THUNDERFOOT! 

Now, while we've got a time out, let me tell you about the sweet, zesty, tangy taste of Dorothy Lynch salad dressing! It's great on salads, wings, steaks....hell, sometimes the missus let's me bring it into the bedroom! It's Nebraska's own, Dorothy Lynch!" 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I loved when Ron Kellogg III threw that hail mary and as the camera focused in on his big majestic gut the announcer said, "he'll never have to pay for a cheeseburger in Lincoln ever again".

• Plus1 3

10 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

"AND THAT'S A GREAT KICK FROM OLE CHIEF THUNDERFOOT! 

Now, while we've got a time out, let me tell you about the sweet, zesty, tangy taste of Dorothy Lynch salad dressing! It's great on salads, wings, steaks....hell, sometimes the missus let's me bring it into the bedroom! It's Nebraska's own, Dorothy Lynch!" 

It's been so long since I used to primarily get my Husker games from the radio, either Lyell Bremser or Kent Pavelka, but oddly I kinda miss the agriculture commercials.  I wonder if there's an archive of those things somewhere.

8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's been so long since I used to primarily get my Husker games from the radio, either Lyell Bremser or Kent Pavelka, but oddly I kinda miss the agriculture commercials.  I wonder if there's an archive of those things somewhere.

I actually looked up Kinetico water systems out of curiosity because of all the advertising they do on NU stuff.

10 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Great time for this thread!  Thanks OP

I figured we all needed something positive during this time.  Good memories help to sooth current stresses and Knapp's post triggered that thought. 

18 hours ago, knapplc said:

"The kick is up! The kick is (get there!) on it's wayyyyy ...and the kick isss... GOOD!!!!"

I don't think you need me to tell you what game that is.

It did take a while for that ball to travel 57 yards. 

16 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I FOUND IT:

He’s got the touchdown! It’s a touchdown for Cory Schlesinger,

This is the most glorious 4 min in NU history:

So many other one liners  "they got him" when Costa gets sacked 1st time.  "They got him again" - the 2nd sack.  "Its a jump ball, it is almost, Its Intercepted"

One more quote  from this video "Bring that trophy back to Lincoln."      I hope we can say that again in the near future.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

One more quote  from this video "Bring that trophy back to Lincoln."      I hope we can say that again in the near future.

image.thumb.jpeg.82aeebe7fd0bd9fd44dde68044ecc006.jpeg

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

image.thumb.jpeg.82aeebe7fd0bd9fd44dde68044ecc006.jpeg

Not what I had in mind!  But good try. 

6 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I figured we all needed something positive during this time.  Good memories help to sooth current stresses and Knapp's post triggered that thought. 

I have a Kinetico water softener and reverse osmosis system in my house.  LOVE THEM BOTH !