2020-21 Season Notes

7 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

How I see the starters this year. I couldn't find the thread for this as it was made a while ago.

Starters

Banton

Webster

King

Stevenson

Walker

Bench

Ivan

Teddy Allen

Lat Mayen

Thor 

Andre

Regardless of waivers I don't see Trevor Lakes playing and instead redshirting.

McGowens will start if he is eligible to play and Webster would come off the bench. 

Arop does not make the rotation and would play clean up minutes.

We could possibly redshirt Andre but I do not see that happening. 

Bench scoring is what will make this team so much better. Along with more depth and better play from the starters.

I’ll play:

Starters: 

Banton

McGowens (if eligible)- otherwise Webster

Allen

King

Ouedraogo

Bench:

Stevenson

Thor

Mayen
Walker

Deep Bench:

Andre

Arop

Redshirt:

Lakes

McGowens (if not eligible) 

• Plus1 1

I've got

Starters (in pencil, alphabetical):

Allen

Banton

Ouedraogo

Walker

Webster

Bench:

Thorbjarnarson

Stevenson

Mayen

Arop

Andre

I'm guessing Arop & Andre won't get a lot of playing time, but who knows.

I've got McGowens, King & Lakes redshirting until I hear otherwise.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I like that.

This should help with many things...including rebounding.

Our length on D will be very noticeable next season (if there is one). Rebounds and blocks definitely, but also in smaller things like tighter passing lanes for our opponents, deflected balls, cutting off drivers, double teams, etc. A lot of defense isn't really even measurable, it's just about making it as difficult as possible for the offensive team to do what they want to do without fouling.

Our ability to switch everything will be big- no pun intended. I'll be curious to see how we defend screens next year- do we hedge and have the on-ball defender come over the top? Or do we have the help defender remain under the screen and have the on-ball defender follow him under/take the screener? A lot will likely depend on who has the ball and whether they're a capable off the dribble shooter but our length will let us be flexible.

11 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Our length on D will be very noticeable next season (if there is one). Rebounds and blocks definitely, but also in smaller things like tighter passing lanes for our opponents, deflected balls, cutting off drivers, double teams, etc. A lot of defense isn't really even measurable, it's just about making it as difficult as possible for the offensive team to do what they want to do without fouling.

Our ability to switch everything will be big- no pun intended. I'll be curious to see how we defend screens next year- do we hedge and have the on-ball defender come over the top? Or do we have the help defender remain under the screen and have the on-ball defender follow him under/take the screener? A lot will likely depend on who has the ball and whether they're a capable off the dribble shooter but our length will let us be flexible.

If we have a bunch of guys that are at least close to same size/length/athleticism, I would think they would switch.  But, like you said, there will be those times that the help defender just doesn't match up well at all with the ball handler.