2020-21 Season Notes

I wonder if we'll try to schedule a game next week at some point. Right now we're scheduled to play @ Creighton on Friday night 12/11 and then we don't play again until 12/21. With the FAMU cancellation we have an open spot, and given how many new faces we have this team could use all the game experience we can get.

5 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

I wonder if we'll try to schedule a game next week at some point. Right now we're scheduled to play @ Creighton on Friday night 12/11 and then we don't play again until 12/21. With the FAMU cancellation we have an open spot, and given how many new faces we have this team could use all the game experience we can get.

"The top-to-bottom strength of the conference is remarkable; 13 of the 14 teams are inside the top 55 nationally when you average KenPom and Torvik rankings. KenPom predicts all 13 of those teams to finish with at least eight conference wins, leaving Nebraska—which isn't an awful bottom-end power conference team!—with a projected 3-17 record."

• Plus1 1
Just now, nic said:

"The top-to-bottom strength of the conference is remarkable; 13 of the 14 teams are inside the top 55 nationally when you average KenPom and Torvik rankings. KenPom predicts all 13 of those teams to finish with at least eight conference wins, leaving Nebraska—which isn't an awful bottom-end power conference team!—with a projected 3-17 record."

Lagging the next-to-last team by five games would suck.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem all that unreasonable.

Though, if I had to guess, I'd say 2-3 wins is probably about right for us.  But I doubt everyone else gets to eight.

5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Lagging the next-to-last team by five games would suck.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem all that unreasonable.

Though, if I had to guess, I'd say 2-3 wins is probably about right for us.  But I doubt everyone else gets to eight.

Agreed. It's all predictions based on current rank. The Big Ten teams will eat each other alive and still get 10 teams in the tourney....and others in the NIT, if there is one.