2020-21 Season Notes

I'm new to the boards...so forgive me if I am asking questions that have already been addressed.

I have a take on our basketball team.  I would argue that we are significantly better without teddy allen on the floor.  Hoibergs offense is a pace & space offense which requires lots of ball/player movement which leads to quality shots.

Allen is a black hole offensively.  When he gets the ball, the other guys tend to stand around because they know what's coming.  He has taken more horrendous shots this year than any other player I can remember in a husker uniform.  

He is talented, yes & could probably help a team win games...but not this offense & not this system.  He is an iso ball player.  Like james harden, without the court vision.  volume shooter, ball dies in his hands.

Just thoughts

2 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

I'm new to the boards...so forgive me if I am asking questions that have already been addressed.

I have a take on our basketball team.  I would argue that we are significantly better without teddy allen on the floor.  Hoibergs offense is a pace & space offense which requires lots of ball/player movement which leads to quality shots.

Allen is a black hole offensively.  When he gets the ball, the other guys tend to stand around because they know what's coming.  He has taken more horrendous shots this year than any other player I can remember in a husker uniform.  

He is talented, yes & could probably help a team win games...but not this offense & not this system.  He is an iso ball player.  Like james harden, without the court vision.  volume shooter, ball dies in his hands.

Just thoughts

I think there's some truth to this.  Reminds me a bit of Terran Petteway

Since the Huskers’ win over Penn State — in which he played 25 minutes, scored eight points and grabbed four rebounds — forward Derrick Walker has played eight, 13 and 15 minutes in the subsequent three games. He committed four fouls in two of those games.

Over the last three games, Hoiberg has subbed out Walker at the 15:06, 16:15 and 17:04 marks of the first half.

“He’s been up and down with his conditioning,” Hoiberg said of Walker, who contracted COVID in January. “You don’t know exactly what it is, but he gets pretty winded out there within the first couple minutes."

OWH

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Our inability to be a good shooting team is so frustrating.  These guys were supposed to be good shooters when they came here.  

And the really crazy/frustrating part is the analytics seem to show we're getting good shots.  It would be one thing if we had good shooters but they are forcing things and taking bad shots.  But that doesn't seem to be the case.  They just aren't going in.

• Plus1 1