CFB Risk

Toe

• OU is down to a single territory tonight! Chances are, they'll try to work something out with A&M for the latter to cede some territory and keep the Sooners in the game.
  • Meatchicken is definitely learning what it's like to deal with Stanford, lol. They're becoming a lot more aggressive out east, though.
  • Nice to see Wisconsin finally being beaten back some. Really, they've kinda been on easy mode because we're about the only ones that have been fighting them all game. What I'd really like to see is Texas maintain some pressure on the Badgers, so that we're not taking the full force of Wisconsin. We need to clear out Wisconsin's holdings in the west and secure our eastern border.

• Ohio State threw a lot at Washington tonight. They're feeling more heat from Chaos and Michigan on the other side of the map, and it looks like they want to return to the northwest. We need to keep them on the other side of the Alaska bottleneck, so if you're not sure on a move for today, defending Washington and attacking Alaska would be good choices.
  • We still hold Madison, and Wisconsin still holds Lincoln. We have a map advantage this turn: there's only three places where Wisconsin can hit us, but there's seven places where we can hit them. We like giving them a headache by holding their home turf, but more than that, we want to secure the main border, so that we're only fighting them on one front instead of having them behind us.
  • We're still on pretty good terms with Michigan, so don't throw too much at them. They're mostly focused on their war with A&M, and we're both trying to get rid of Stanford.
  • Plus1 1

I don't know how much Texas even cares about Wisconsin, though. Like I said, I'd love to see them mess things up in the Badgers' backyard, but I don't know if they're really looking to establish themselves, or if they want to focus more on their home state while A&M is distracted with Michigan. Will also be interesting to see if Ohio State gets involved. Texas only has one territory up there, though, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it snuffed out.

• I don't know how the hell Stanford keeps getting so damn lucky. They weren't favored anywhere on the map tonight. And yet they've got Washington State (24% chance), Oregon State (38% chance), Stanford (22%), and Cal (11%).
  • Ohio State also broke through our blockade, taking Washington on a 29% chance. They're behind Stanford's lines for the moment, but they'll probably soon be in position to attack us.
  • In happier news, we've largely secured the northern plains and mountain territories. If we can clear out Wisconsin's foothold in Colorado, that gives us a much more defensible position. Michigan is also in position to attack the Badgers, but we think they have a non-aggression pact.
  • As we'd hoped, Texas is keeping pressure on Wisconsin, and shrinking their holdings in the Great Lakes.
  • Chaos continues to be an annoyance, currently holding Iowa State and Misery. We could potentially see some more attacks from Georgia Tech out east.
  • Other than not attacking A&M or Michigan, there's probably not a bad move on the map today. Nothing strikes me as particularly high or low priority.
  • Plus1 1

• What I like about this map is that there's less and less Wisconsin red! :lol: The fly in the ointment is Iowa State, though. It would be nice if we can reach the point where all of Wisconsin's territories are east of us, and not inside our borders, which would give us a lot less to defend.
  • Georgia Tech is back on our doorstep again. They've been having a lot of problems with Chaos in their homelands, which has led to them scattering around the map more (note that they also took San Diego State). We'll need to push them back again. Missouri is a tough territory, though, as it borders nine other territories. That's a lot of different directions they could attack this turn.
  • We've mostly gotten Chaos away from us, save for Utah State. If we can eliminate that pocket, Chaos doesn't much around us to worry about.
  • I'm hoping that Texas's holdings in the Great Lakes don't disappear, as having them fighting Wisconsin has prevented the Badgers from focusing on us.
  • Plus1 1
  • Toe changed the title to CFB Risk