CFB Risk

Toe

@nic Wiscy and Ohio State are indeed allied. We're non-aggressive and kinda informally cooperating with Michigan. Something to consider: Michigan has been at war with Texas A&M for a while now. We've been neutral with A&M for most of the game, but if we formally allied with Michigan, A&M would probably declare war on us, so we'd have to fight them, too. For now, at least, it might be best to keep things as they are with Michigan.

We've been at war with Wisconsin for almost the entire game, and on paper, we're about even matched with them. But we're at a huge strategic disadvantage to them because we've had to fight wars on two or three fronts all the time, while the Badgers have been free to focus almost all of their resources on us. If you look at the map, they have a huge number of 'safe' territories that aren't bordered by any other teams, so they don't have to waste resources defending them.

Personally, I think our ideal ally would be Georgia Tech. The reason is simple: they're in a position to attack Wisconsin. Making the Badgers have to commit a lot of resources to defending their southern border would completely change the dynamic of our war with them. But the thing is... what's in it for GT? They probably won't ally with us and declare war on Wisconsin just for giggles, you know?

• Plus1 1

41 minutes ago, JoeHuskers! said:

Was just given an order to attack the Oregon territory... i thought we were mostly neutral with Meatchicken?

Edit: the current map shows Oregon as a Michigan territory 

Ok. I've been pretty quiet on strategy. But this move really doesn't make much sense too me. By conquering Minnesota and Iowa, we reduce our number of attackable territories by 1, and we landlock 3 territories, making them safe for 1 full turn. By conquering Utah, we landlock another territory. All three moves keep us from attacking Michigan, and deals damage to the uholy alliance. Ohio State & Wisconsin, while leaving the closest thing we have to an ally alone. Not sure what attacking Oregon does for Nebraska. Maybe provides some benefit to Michigan, strengthening the alliance? I dunno. 

• Plus1 3
  • Toe changed the title to CFB Risk