How large corporations are exploiting this crisis

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Can’t remember where hers immunity ever played a roll in the tweet, but if you would like to show me why it’s relevant, I’m all ears.

Carol’s tweet literally says you are the type of person who should be compensated, yet your all bent out of shape thinking she is against you.  You had hours cut and were materially impacted.

If a restaurant is doing fine, if a movie theater is doing fine, if an indoor events center is doing fine and then Covid hits and the Government (local, state, national) says they are no longer allowed to be open, are only allow 25% capacity, those business’s and emoloyees were materially impacted by a government decision and through no fault of their own.   Help them out.  Simple!!

If Google employee Joe or Jane gets to work from home and lost no income, no reason to give them stimulus. 

I was asking if you were for herd immunity because you said the govt is solely responsible for lost jobs, etc. I mean if they didnt do anything and kept all businesses open then herd immunity is what you need to shoot for and that would have been devestating. Im not sure about you, but if they did a mask mandate instead of shutting down businesses, then that also pisses people off. The thing that our govt didnt do that others did was pay a percentage of wages and pay businesses to close. If our govt did that then our country would still be in pretty good shape. Canada is still paying their citizens $2000 a month and will until the pandemic is over. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

I was asking if you were for herd immunity because you said the govt is solely responsible for lost jobs, etc. I mean if they didnt do anything and kept all businesses open then herd immunity is what you need to shoot for and that would have been devestating. Im not sure about you, but if they did a mask mandate instead of shutting down businesses, then that also pisses people off. The thing that our govt didnt do that others did was pay a percentage of wages and pay businesses to close. If our govt did that then our country would still be in pretty good shape. Canada is still paying their citizens $2000 a month and will until the pandemic is over. 

I’m for herd immunity through vaccines if that clears things up for you.  Government should help make up for lost income caused by government shutdowns.  My job was stable and income went down around 10% for the year.  Sucks but I can survive that and don’t think I need or deserve a stimulus check when we can take care of others hurt way worse. That’s my basic philosophy on this

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...

On 1/23/2021 at 3:49 PM, Archy1221 said:

Isn’t this just rich.  Amazon trying to disallow mail in voting for unionization because of the pandemic.  Now mail in voting is considered not safe according to Amazon?  

Giant corporations doing something hypocritical to protect their profits? No way!

• 3 months later...

12 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Haul their a$$ in front of a congressional committee and let Katie Porter get them to explain why the American taxpayers propped them up ostensibly so they could keep jobs in a difficult economy, and then they do this. 

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I wonder if Wilson understands what the restaurant owner did with the PPP loan and how that is not correlated to extended unemployment. 

No you don't. Nobody is claiming correlation. You're pretending that you don't see the hypocrisy.

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, RedDenver said:

No you don't. Nobody is claiming correlation. You're pretending that you don't see the hypocrisy.

It’s not hypocritical.  The owner of the restaurant used the money because NO MONEY was coming in.  He/she was forced to close his business.  PPE was supposed to be used to continue to pay bills and pay employees.  Is business still getting the PPE?  

Now, extended unemployment is for people who had no job prospects because of the pandemic.  They had no money coming in.  That is no longer the case, plenty of jobs available, most paying more than pre-pandemic levels. No need for extended unemployment.  Owner is making that argument.  

• Plus1 3