How large corporations are exploiting this crisis

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

5 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Why shouldnt healthcare workers or other essential workers get their own money back? The stimulus is paid through tax money. Its their money that the govt is giving back. Not a handout. 

Sorry, not following what you are saying.  What money are you wanting back?  

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Sorry, not following what you are saying.  What money are you wanting back?  

The tweet said if your job was impacted, you should get stimulus. If not, then you shouldnt. Why shouldnt healthcare workers and other essential workers get their own tax money back?

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

The tweet said if your job was impacted, you should get stimulus. If not, then you shouldnt. Why shouldnt healthcare workers and other essential workers get their own tax money back?

What constitutes essential?  I’m sure every worker in America thinks they are essential to the economy. 

If your last point is the standard then why shouldn’t I get all my  tax money back every year since others get money from the government every year?

Are you against people getting help when government was solely responsible for their unemployment? 

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

What constitutes essential?  I’m sure every worker in America thinks they are essential to the economy. 

If your last point is the standard then why shouldn’t I get all my  tax money back every year since others get money from the government every year?

Are you against people getting help when government was solely responsible for their unemployment? 

These are not normal times, we are in a economic depression as close to the great depression as we have seen in our lives. And even people who kept their jobs lost hours and had pay cut. Im in healthcare. I tested 50-70 people a day for the virus, no or very little PPE because my clinic was too cheap. Had my pay cut. Im not the only one who had pay cut. 

How is the government solely responsible? All countries did the same thing only their govts did the right thing and paid most of wages and gave businesses money to close. Ours did nothing like that. So yes, they are responsible in that sense but even when businesses opened back up, nobody really went there. I still dont really go to restaurants anymore. If all businesses stayed open 100% they still would have suffered because people arent going out as much: some due to virus and some due to the fact they dont have the money anymore. 

And no, im not opposed at all to people getting help. I think people need and deserve help for what they have been through. And like I said earlier, its not normal times so give their goddamn money back so they can pay rent!

Were you for herd immunity?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

These are not normal times, we are in a economic depression as close to the great depression as we have seen in our lives. And even people who kept their jobs lost hours and had pay cut. Im in healthcare. I tested 50-70 people a day for the virus, no or very little PPE because my clinic was too cheap. Had my pay cut. Im not the only one who had pay cut. 

How is the government solely responsible? All countries did the same thing only their govts did the right thing and paid most of wages and gave businesses money to close. Ours did nothing like that. So yes, they are responsible in that sense but even when businesses opened back up, nobody really went there. I still dont really go to restaurants anymore. If all businesses stayed open 100% they still would have suffered because people arent going out as much: some due to virus and some due to the fact they dont have the money anymore. 

And no, im not opposed at all to people getting help. I think people need and deserve help for what they have been through. And like I said earlier, its not normal times so give their goddamn money back so they can pay rent!

Were you for herd immunity?

Can’t remember where hers immunity ever played a roll in the tweet, but if you would like to show me why it’s relevant, I’m all ears.

Carol’s tweet literally says you are the type of person who should be compensated, yet your all bent out of shape thinking she is against you.  You had hours cut and were materially impacted.

If a restaurant is doing fine, if a movie theater is doing fine, if an indoor events center is doing fine and then Covid hits and the Government (local, state, national) says they are no longer allowed to be open, are only allow 25% capacity, those business’s and emoloyees were materially impacted by a government decision and through no fault of their own.   Help them out.  Simple!!

If Google employee Joe or Jane gets to work from home and lost no income, no reason to give them stimulus. 

• Plus1 1