Covid-19 Legislation

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Not necessarily disagreeing.  But, you need to also include the expansion of unemployment and the benefit to employers for not laying off workers.

Is that in the plan?   I haven't read it and haven't seen much details regarding that.   Hopefully that also includes not cutting hours for non-exempt employees as well.

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, sho said:

Is that in the plan?   I haven't read it and haven't seen much details regarding that.   Hopefully that also includes not cutting hours for non-exempt employees as well.

Republicans won inclusion of an “employee retention” tax credit that’s estimated to provide $50 billion to companies who retain employees on payroll and cover 50% of workers’ paychecks. Companies would also be able to defer payment of the 6.2% Social Security payroll tax.

LINK

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Frott Scost said:

I believe that stipulation is for businesses employing 50 or less people so it does not include corporations. 

I know one hell of a lot of corporations that employ less than 50.

I haven't seen yet that there is a limit on this.  Do you have a link to that?

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

What will you do with your stimulus cash?

I wish I could say I would do something awesome with it...but I will just get rid of some debt.

When are we supposed to be getting this check?   Depending on when will dictate what we do with it.  Also anyone know how this will work with kids and joint custody?   I can already see a lot of domestic incidents where one parent isn't sharing it with the other parent.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, sho said:

When are we supposed to be getting this check?   Depending on when will dictate what we do with it.  Also anyone know how this will work with kids and joint custody?   I can already see a lot of domestic incidents where one parent isn't sharing it with the other parent.

Just a guess...but I would think in the next 3 weeks.

No idea about joint custody stuff...my guess again is that it will be based off who field them on their taxes in 2018??

3 minutes ago, sho said:

That's a good point. I don't think we can blame Congress too much for those arguments, though. They're trying to get cash out into the system, not worrying too much about what we do with it, I guess.