Covid-19 Legislation

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Saw on CNN that the payments may not reach individuals until May.

It's not an insignificant endeavor. Some logistics have to be handled across multiple agencies.  May could be the date, or mid-April if they get it up and running quickly.

First they have to sign the bill into law, and the House convened for about 45 seconds before adjourning today, so there's another day gone.

Just now, knapplc said:

It's not an insignificant endeavor. Some logistics have to be handled across multiple agencies.  May could be the date, or mid-April if they get it up and running quickly.

First they have to sign the bill into law, and the House convened for about 45 seconds before adjourning today, so there's another day gone.

I wasn't trying to say that it was too late or taking too long.  I realize that figuring all of the payments out and getting them sent will take time.  The IRS has been reducing staff in recent years, so that makes it even more challenging, even with Federal income taxes delayed until July.

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I wasn't trying to say that it was too late or taking too long.  I realize that figuring all of the payments out and getting them sent will take time.  The IRS has been reducing staff in recent years, so that makes it even more challenging, even with Federal income taxes delayed until July.

Yep. I understood that. Just rattling some ideas off about the logistics of it all.

• Plus1 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

OK....you'll have to explain this further.  I thought you were asking about the incentive to businesses to not lay off employees.  This is talking about Unemployment Insurance.

Look I dont read the whole bill hardly anyone does. I get my info from reporters who read the bill. I dont trust Chuck Shumer to tell the whole story as his job is to make his party look as good as possible. This guy says in the second tweet that large corporations are under no obligation to retain workforce while small business only gets the loan if they retain employees. I saw it elsewhere also but I dont have time right now to find every reporters tweet. Ill try and do it later. 

11 minutes ago, commando said:

is everyone getting a check from the government?  i saw $1200 per adult and $500 per child.   but are there income limits?  only under $100,000 income or something like that?

Last I saw,

Families making less than $75000 filing single or $150000 filing jointly will qualify.  It gets phased out for people making over $90,000 (single) and $180,000 (filing jointly).  I would assume the $500 for kids would have the same stipulations.

• Fire 1

25 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

They should send them out in the same manner that you use N-Roll to sign up for classes at UNL!

5 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Last I saw,

Families making less than $75000 filing single or $150000 filing jointly will qualify.  It gets phased out for people making over $90,000 (single) and $180,000 (filing jointly).  I would assume the $500 for kids would have the same stipulations.

It should go by height. Taller people get more.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Last I saw,

I just read $99,000 and $198,000 respectively.