Covid-19 Legislation

On 6/16/2020 at 9:59 PM, knapplc said:

All the pansies who won't wear masks, what do you have to say about stuff like this?

It won't matter to them because they're sociopathic a$$h@!es who only value their own selfish interests rather than the common good. 

13 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Govt to pay for your next vacation??     I think there are better ways to stimulate the economy instead of a 50% vacation tax credit.

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/new-stimulus-package-could-include-4000-vacation-credit

Eating and paying rent/mortgage seems more important (correct me if I'm wrong?)

And, I don't know a whole lot about taxes, but I believe this leaves out the poorest people since it's a tax credit. You can't get it if you don't make enough $, and we have high unemployment right now.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Eating and paying rent/mortgage seems more important (correct me if I'm wrong?)

And, I don't know a whole lot about taxes, but I believe this leaves out the poorest people since it's a tax credit. You can't get it if you don't make enough $, and we have high unemployment right now.

All good points and I agree.  And as you note- you can't take advantage of it if you are low income - the very people who need the stimulus the most

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

yep - haven't seen anything solid - just some talk

I would assume they are waiting a bit, maybe to see what things look like by the end of the month.

The talk I heard was for a lower amount...but it seems like it would make sense to do a bigger amount this second time and then sort of "be done" with it.

10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I would assume they are waiting a bit, maybe to see what things look like by the end of the month.

The talk I heard was for a lower amount...but it seems like it would make sense to do a bigger amount this second time and then sort of "be done" with it.

They shouldn't be waiting and seeing, they should be listening to economists/forecasters and taking preventative measures.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Moiraine said:

They shouldn't be waiting and seeing, they should be listening to economists/forecasters and taking preventative measures.

I think Trump and the Gop would rather wait - doing another stimulus would be a sign of weakness of the economy.  They don't want to send that message when they are hyping the opening of the economy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...