Covid-19 Legislation

Just now, deedsker said:

Not at all surprised Red. Dude made his career at Goldman Sachs learning how to squeeze every penny out of the less intelligent and then used those skills to harvest profit off the backs of people during the Great recession. 

I believe Dirty Money on Netflix had a good episode on the nature of Goldman Sachs from season 1. It is crazy to watch the heartlessness.

Yes Goldman Sachs which was at the heart of the last great recession.   How comforting to know.

Empty the SWAMP indeed.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Yes Goldman Sachs which was at the heart of the last great recession.   How comforting to know.

Empty the SWAMP indeed.

Goldman Sachs has been at the heart of every great recession and depression in the last 100 years, I believe.

30 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't disagree with you in concept, but if this "minimum wage" is for only incorporated, public companies, this wouldn't apply to small, private companies.  This is most likely targeted towards large corporations which would be getting bailout funds.

If that's the case, then my fears are going to come to fruition.  All they care about or pay attention to in Washington are large publicly traded companies.  That's 1% of the total...and roughly 1/3 of the economy.

These idiots need to be thinking about main street privately owned businesses. As much...if not MORE than Wall Street.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

If that's the case, then my fears are going to come to fruition.  All they care about or pay attention to in Washington are large publicly traded companies.  That's 1% of the total...and roughly 1/3 of the economy.

These idiots need to be thinking about main street privately owned businesses. As much...if not MORE than Wall Street.

Agree that funds need to be provided to the every day workers and small business owners.

19 hours ago, teachercd said:

Totally true!

A long time ago I lived in a small central NE town...My rent for my place was 180 a month.  I would imagine that even today it would be close to the same.  

It would have to be a pretty small town ( <300 ) for it to be close.  I live in a town of around 2500 and the going rent here is $500/month on average.   It has changed so much over the last few years that I wished I would have kept all my rentals.   

1 minute ago, Stumpy1 said:

It would have to be a pretty small town ( <300 ) for it to be close.  I live in a town of around 2500 and the going rent here is $500/month on average.   It has changed so much over the last few years that I wished I would have kept all my rentals.   

Yeah, you might be right.

This was not a house though, I should have said that, it was an apartment above a business.  

I feel like rentals in small towns are a tough gig, isn't it super hard to sell them?

Just now, teachercd said:

Yeah, you might be right.

This was not a house though, I should have said that, it was an apartment above a business.  

I feel like rentals in small towns are a tough gig, isn't it super hard to sell them?

It really isn't hard to sell them if you list them decently.  I never had an issue selling mine and I more then doubled my money on every one that I sold.   There are a few people here where I live that are asking outrageous prices for their houses and they can't figure out why they aren't selling.   

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Stumpy1 said:

It really isn't hard to sell them if you list them decently.  I never had an issue selling mine and I more then doubled my money on every one that I sold.   There are a few people here where I live that are asking outrageous prices for their houses and they can't figure out why they aren't selling.   

Yeah, I can imagine that being the case!

38 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

That's still a hell of a lot lower than a lot of metro areas.

• Fire 1

I had a two bedroom apartment after getting married and was excited that is was just under $900/month, excluding gas & electric. Most decent places we looked at were $1,100-$1,400 for similar living spaces. Before that, I lived in the "sketchy" part of town in a single bedroom apartment for $400/month which included all my utilities. I saved bank at that tiny dungeon of a pit.

• Haha 1