BigRedBuster

Covid-19 Legislation

There may be a snag, folks.

Seems a few Senators don't like the Unemployment Insurance stipulation.

Notice how they're concerned we may be giving CITIZENS too much money, but not CORPORATIONS. 

• Plus1 2

On 3/24/2020 at 10:25 AM, knapplc said:

I'll bet a LOT of people take whatever money they get from this and stick it straight into a savings account and don't touch it.  Some will have to pay rent/bills or buy food, but for a lot of folks they're going to treat this as a potential time bomb.

Who knows how this is going to need to be paid back, or if or when.  If they end up sending checks, everyone that doesn't have to spend it should not spend it.

That may be what you or I do with whatever pittance they bestow upon us. But I’d venture to say the vast majority of people will spend it on either necessities (those who really need it) or whatever frivolous crap they’ve been wanting to buy (a whole bunch of people in the next tier)  before the check even clears the bank. Have you seen the rate of savings for the average person? It’s not good.

I’m really impressed by how they hold $1000 in such high esteem when it’s going directly to a taxpayer but simultaneously they act like millions or billions are nothing when it’s going to their campaign contributors or pork projects. They’re all scum.

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Notice how they're concerned we may be giving CITIZENS too much money, but not CORPORATIONS. 

I'm also highly skeptical of these three and their alleged "life-threatening" concerns.

• Plus1 1

Interesting.

meanwhile, the rest of the world has no problems doing things that are 'too hard' for the US.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

You guys, I'm beginning to think three-ish Senators didn't read the legislation very well before issuing an alert about a "drafting error" in the bill, you guys...

17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You guys, I'm beginning to think three-ish Senators didn't read the legislation very well before issuing an alert about a "drafting error" in the bill, you guys...

Perhaps they’re too stupid to know the difference between quitting and being laid off. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Perhaps they’re too stupid to know the difference between quitting and being laid off. 

fIEsYPO.png?1

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/25/bernie-sanders-4-gop-senators-threaten-to-hold-up-coronavirus-stimulus-bill.html

Earlier in the day, four Republican senators — Lindsey Graham and Tim Scott of South Carolina, Ben Sasse of Nebraska and Rick Scott of Florida — threatened to oppose the chamber’s push to pass the rescue package through fast-track procedures. They argued a proposal to add $600 per week to unemployment insurance for up to four months, a core provision of the near-final legislation, could encourage companies to lay off workers and Americans to stay unemployed, urging a vote to cap the aid. 

Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., then said he would delay the bill if his GOP colleagues did not drop their opposition, calling it an “outrage” to prevent Americans from getting emergency unemployment insurance. In a statement, he said he is “prepared to put a hold on this bill” to lobby for tighter restrictions on companies receiving aid from a taxpayer pool of $500 billion. 

These republicans keep trying to 'save' big businesses and drop piles of s#!t on the common man.  It's absolutely disgusting that they're doing this right now.

• Plus1 1

25 million to the Kennedy Center???

Hahaha!  Hasn't that family f#&%ed enough people over?  My god.  That is the most insane part of it all!

With that said...I would have LOVED to have been friends with JFK back in the day...MY GOD!  I bet he just had penicillin sitting in the fridge. 

• Plus1 1

From what I can tell from my student loans, interest is still accruing. So, they didn't do enough in my opinion. They should have stopped them from being due, stopped interest from accruing, stopped everything, for 2 months or 4 months or whatever.

That said I was able to pay off one of my loans to day so I'm pretty happy.

Just now, Moiraine said:

From what I can tell from my student loans, interest is still accruing. So, they didn't do enough in my opinion. They should have stopped them from being due, stopped interest from accruing, stopped everything, for 2 months or 4 months or whatever.

That said I was able to pay off one of my loans to day so I'm pretty happy.

Credit Cards too!