2020-21 Schedule Announcements

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....I haven't been paying attention to the Basketball schedule until now.  I can't find a schedule on line anywhere.  Has one been put together?  Do we know when they will start playing?

The Upcoming Events on the home page claims we play Peru State on Nov 2nd.  I'm assuming that's an exhibition game?

No updated schedule has been released yet.  The NCAA has said basketball won't start until 11/25 (day before Thanksgiving) and teams can only play 27 games (instead of the usual 31). 

The Huskers are working on hosting a season opening tournament - a few teams have been leaked/confirmed. 

The B1G hasn't released anything about how many conference games will be played or when the game will start - it assumed that they will play 20 just like they would have anyway. 

ACC/B1G challenge is going to happen and it appears NU will host Boston College - again no dates have been announced.

At this point it's all a big guessing game that will probably be resolved in the next couple of weeks.

Practice starts week so there is some movement toward a season.

49 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Practice starts THIS week so there is some movement toward a season.

Did you mean to add the bolded word?

If they are going to be playing in mid to late November, practice should be starting soon.  It's crazy that they are going to be starting practice with no idea exactly who they are going to be playing.

54 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Did you mean to add the bolded word?

If they are going to be playing in mid to late November, practice should be starting soon.  It's crazy that they are going to be starting practice with no idea exactly who they are going to be playing.

Oops - yes, this week...

I suspect they know who they will be playing for the first game, but haven't released the bracket/brackets for the tournament.  I wouldn't be surprised if they start the season with Cleveland State since they are rumored to be in the tournament and were supposed to be the first team they played before the season was adjusted.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The Upcoming Events on the home page claims we play Peru State on Nov 2nd.  I'm assuming that's an exhibition game?

I am importing that from Huskers.com.  I left it on there thinking it would automatically update as they did.  But there is no schedule currently listed on Huskers.com but it didn't remove them from our calendar.  So I deleted it for now.