2020-21 Schedule Announcements

54 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I really find it strange that there hasn't been more discussion or announcements on basketball schedules.

Have I missed something?

The schedule itself is mostly complete, we'll play 20 Big Ten games and either 3 or 4 MTE games for the event we're hosting in Lincoln (so long as the B1G doesn't cancel non-conference play). Ideally we'd still play Creighton (being worked on, need to find a mutually agreeable date). That gets us to 25. We can play 2 more games which would be "buy" games to play the max of 27 this year. 

Moos actually said the below yesterday: 

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/moos-on-radio-husker-track-and-field-teams-pause-workouts-after-several-positive-tests/article_8d81cb43-e718-588b-9058-a40d2dc310cb.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

Nebraska is just about done with its basketball scheduling, he said. 

"We still need to confirm what that's going to look like within the conference, and how many nonconference games we will be able to play. It's looking like it'll be five, maybe seven if we do go to a multiple-team tournament," he said.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....still no announcement on the tournament in Lincoln.  

Isn’t that only 3 weeks away?

Still not sure the B1G is going to OK it.  They are still considering going conference-only.  PBA might still host it even if the Huskers can't play.

Not sure on when they will decide but you'd think it would be soon.

12 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Sounds like there might be a schedule announcement from the B1G on Monday or Tuesday.  Should finally get the word on how many non-conference games can be played then as well.

Wasn't the B1G supposed to make that same announcement early this week?  Knowing the glacial speed that they work at (unless they are cancelling something) I wouldn't be surprised if they waited until Thanksgiving week and hosed all 14 member schools.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Wasn't the B1G supposed to make that same announcement early this week?  Knowing the glacial speed that they work at (unless they are cancelling something) I wouldn't be surprised if they waited until Thanksgiving week and hosed all 14 member schools.

It sure seems like they just don't want to make a decision.  We know a lot now about how the virus is working within sports events and how to monitor it.  Just make a friggen decision already.

• Plus1 1