Athlon Sports take on NU going bowling on 2020..

1 hour ago, Loebarth said:

For a team to change outsiders perceptions a marquee win is necessary in consecutive years and at higher rankings with each marquee win. 2020 that could start by winning 7 with the marquee win being Wisky or Iowa. In 2021 an 8 win season with the win being Michigan (at home btw) and then 2022, making the B1G championship by getting that marquee win against OU at home or Wisky (on the road)...

The important thing is, consecutive "marquee" wins to silence the doubters and build confidence. As it is now, our beloved husker program doesn't have a win to hang our hats on. Let's start filling up the hat rack this year and then consecutive years!

A winning season, bowling and a signature win (as you mentioned) would be HUGE. I think it would prove to the kids that the "system", "methodology" etc is working....It'd show the fans as well...

.If we could find a way to win those close games (even splitting last years 2-4 record)  we would've gone bowling....Eventually we will figure it out right?????????

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

But...but...but.....our recruiting ranking......we are better than____________(fill in the blank with MN, IA, NW, WI)........we have AM 3.5.....all we continue to do is hope and dream and maybe, just maybe, the pieces fall into place.  In all reality, we are no different than any other NE team in the past X number of years until we prove it on the field.  It used to mean something when you said NE/Lincoln/Memorial Stadium.....now, not so much, just chasing phantoms from the past as college football left us in the dust

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, 10_point_buck said:

But...but...but.....our recruiting ranking......we are better than____________(fill in the blank with MN, IA, NW, WI)........we have AM 3.5.....all we continue to do is hope and dream and maybe, just maybe, the pieces fall into place.  In all reality, we are no different than any other NE team in the past X number of years until we prove it on the field.  It used to mean something when you said NE/Lincoln/Memorial Stadium.....now, not so much, just chasing phantoms from the past as college football left us in the dust

I think this is where a lot of fans are......So if we don't perform this year, what is the excuse?  Schedule?  The Rona? No JD?  I really have no idea.  Just tired of being less than average....I am hoping Austin and Lubick will make things happen on O....

1 hour ago, lo country said:

I think this is where a lot of fans are......So if we don't perform this year, what is the excuse?  Schedule?  The Rona? No JD?  I really have no idea.  Just tired of being less than average....I am hoping Austin and Lubick will make things happen on O....

If they don't start to perform, and get to a bowl, this year... there are no excuses.   They all dry up in year 3 for a new coach,  he's got enough of his guys and the culture is now what he made it.

• Fire 1

The back half is tough, no doubt, but I think the odds favor a regression for Minnesota rather than duplicating 2019.  Iowa has been beatable despite how crappy we've been and how often we've beaten ourselves so I'm not concerned there. 

Wisconsin and Penn state we will for sure be underdogs and rightfully so.  But I also think the Wiscy match up is closer to a toss up than for sure loss and Penn State doesn't immediately scare me to the point where I'd chalk that up to a for sure loss either.

Ohio state is simply our annual serving of a nice, home baked slice of humble pie that we've come to love every year so that's already a foregone conclusion.

I try to removed my rose color'd glasses as much as possible but I truly think the schedule hype has been a bit overblown and we have a real solid chance at 7-5/8-4.  This will require a smarter team and noticeable improvement but we were very young last year in certain groups and we didn't lose anyone critical to the point where its a clear downgrade going into next year.  Despite struggles across the board last year, we were a few plays/bounces of the ball from being bowl eligible as is.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
On 3/29/2020 at 4:10 AM, Blackshirt316 said:

Purdue

San Diego State

Central Michigan

Northwestern

Illinois

Rutgers

Iowa

Minnesota

That's 8 games that if you don't go at minimum 6-2 against in year 3 at Nebraska, you have some serious problems as a coaching staff.

Purdue had a down year last year but is as dangerous and talented as they've been in decades

South Dakota State is a top 10 FCS program who lost to Minnesota by a touchdown last year, and played a solid TCU team very close recently too.

Central Michigan should be a comfortable win.

Northwestern always plays us close. The series is tied I think, and they're always formidable and play smart relatively mistake-free football.

Illinois is finally showing some signs of promise and potential under Lovie. They beat a very good Wisconsin team as well as other teams we couldn't beat a year ago.

Rutgers, who knows.

Iowa has been averaging top 15-20 ten win seasons for the last five seasons. We've played them close but they've been on a very competitive streeak.

Minnesota just had a dream season in their year 3 with a g5 hot commodity coach. We'll see if it lasts.

Article recap:

"The Huskers will most likely win 6 games because we won 5 last year and 6 is only one more win.  Because 5 + 1 = 6.  Going to be a tough schedule this year for the Huskers in the B1G.  In order to get to 6 wins the majority of our wins have to be against the teams we are favored against.  The sky is blue and water is wet.  Also grass is green."