C-19 & an Encouragement Thread

Do events like the current crisis (or in resent history 9-11) prompt you towards a deeper spirituality & faith in God?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 4/20/2020 at 3:58 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

While I'm feeling more spiritual and closer to God than ever, another part of my brain realizes the Earth probably needs a few billion less humans in order to survive. Viral pandemics and mass starvations have handled this in past epochs, presumably by God's design. 

Maybe I shouldn't put that in The Encouragement Thread. 

You want a sobering video?  Watch "Planet of the Humans" on YouTube.

Basically 90 minutes of hearing about how even if we switched everything to green energy but keep our population levels, we're screwed.  

21 hours ago, funhusker said:

You want a sobering video?  Watch "Planet of the Humans" on YouTube.

Basically 90 minutes of hearing about how even if we switched everything to green energy but keep our population levels, we're screwed.  

Boy that was depressing. Thanks for making my day. :wacko: There is duplicity all around. We are critical of those on the right and rightly so when needed, but the green movement is perceived to be a progressive movement.  There are contradictions and hypocrisy that abounds there as well.  This is a movement where the Sierra Club and the Koch Bros are in partnership behind the scenes in many respects.  It appears that what unites left and right, isn't the idea of saving the planet but $$$$s.   Like many of the causes on the right, the left have true believers who are deceived into thinking their cause is pure while behind the scene big money is corrupting it. 

You should post this to the environmental thread.

• Plus1 1