CB Malik Williams

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

31 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Williams commit?

• Nebraska
    • Florida
    • Florida State

This poll is closed to new votes

32 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Also, Buford routinely cranks out Power 5 talent.  Last year they had three Power 5 signees including two defensive backs.  Two years ago they had seven including two four-stars.  The year before that they had four including a four-star.

Word is he hasn't played as much because of the guys mentioned above.  So that probably has an effect as well.

Yep. Big time program down here. Have been producing D1 athletes for well over a decade.

I feel that this staff has recruited a lot of guys that aren't rated super high at their listed positions but they see them at a different position.  Haven't watched film on him but maybe he doesn't have great top end speed or length for a corner but they really like him as a safety.

This year recruiting is especially tough for Frost because:

- no visits paid

- travel on their own limited

- few or no camps etc

- doubts about even playing

- economy sucks due to shutdowns

- past 6 years win/loss records

- recruit evaluations suspect

- heavy youth laden roster already

I see this class as better than many with room to grow and there will be some decommits this fall so its too early to tell.  

I always am bullish NU by nature so I concede my bias.  

- defense and position focused effort.   We are getting areas of need.  

- I think they know their QB well so if he is what they want, I give them the benefit of any doubt but his rating is low.  so what. 

- good RBs.  

-  good O line.  

- still need a couple D linemen but it is still 5 months to sign. 

- db are ok.  lost a couple potential studs but covid and competition are real issues. we have talent now 

- added kickers. 

- get two TEs and help a ton

- lbs look solid. 

- good bunch of walkons

- roster up a bunch so there will be half a dozen within the lot that contribute well.  

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, Farms said:

I feel that this staff has recruited a lot of guys that aren't rated super high at their listed positions but they see them at a different position.  Haven't watched film on him but maybe he doesn't have great top end speed or length for a corner but they really like him as a safety.

i mentioned this earlier in the thread.  i watched his film.  He looks like a safety playing corner to me.

• Plus1 1

Maybe 1 in a 1000 recruits is actually ready to play starter level P5 cfb.  The rest must be taught to play from basics on up.   imo. 

We need to recruits athletes with the basic ability to become good players.   From there, it is up to the players to focus, work hard and listen and learn from coaches to do their jobs.  Simple but true.  Assessing player personality and attitude is every bit as vital as the physical data.   

Brother plays cornerback for Clemson.

Coach said he is a "top two or three" long jumper in the state of Georgia.  Was 15th in Georgia 5A in the long jump in 2019 as a sophomore with a jump of 19-1.5.  He broke his school record this spring with a jump of 23-2.  23-2 would have been third at that state meet the year before so the "top two or three" is probably pretty accurate.

Buford junior Malik Williams had a record-breaking performance in last Saturday’s Westlake Invitational track and field meet.

Williams’ long jump of 23 feet, 2 inches broke a long-standing school record held by Tim Wansley, who was a defensive back for the Georgia Bulldogs and in the NFL.

Link

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

Brother plays cornerback for Clemson.

Coach said he is a "top two or three" long jumper in the state of Georgia.  Was 15th in Georgia 5A in the long jump in 2019 as a sophomore with a jump of 19-1.5.  He broke his school record this spring with a jump of 23-2.  23-2 would have been third at that state meet the year before so the "top two or three" is probably pretty accurate.

Link

Hopefully he is as good at football as he is at long jump.

Hey I get that long jump is good indicator of athleticism. Another indicator is 247 composite ranking and that is a low 3 star .83. I understand rankings are probably more off this year than normal 

I just feel like the last 15 years of sucking has been husker fans saying ooh he is a good wrestler, good at high jump- long jump- shot put. But just ok at football by the time they leave our program 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
19 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Hey I get that long jump is good indicator of athleticism. Another indicator is 247 composite ranking and that is a low 3 star .83. I understand rankings are probably more off this year than normal 

I just feel like the last 15 years of sucking has been husker fans saying ooh he is a good wrestler, good at high jump- long jump- shot put. But just ok at football by the time they leave our program 

What else do you want us to do?  Be reasonable and objective? You must be lost.

42 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Projecting the future is much more valuable then reciting the past

This recruit and our coaching staff were not here 15 years ago

51 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

The best recruiter, at the deepest position on our defense, really likes a kid that is really athletic.  I say I trust him over recruiting sites who have no idea this year how to rate kids.  

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Malik Williams