Bill Moos wants new revenue streams - maybe including alcohol at games

5 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

player safety from both a virus risk as well as comditioning / training standpoint would be at risk if “the all clear” is not in place by July 1 I’d say.   School is in serious question as well.  

As of the NY Times numbers from this morning there are 173,700 diagnosed/reported cases nationally with 3,433 deaths.   There is no doubt countless thousands more unidentified current infected in addition.  A much bigger number of people who had the virus with little or no symptoms  and recovered already.  I don't know but I’d guess that there could be as many as ten times the diagnosed number (perhaps 1.3 million).   

This tells me there remain another 348 million of the total population of approx 350 million left to go.  And hopefully those who have survived it can’t get it again AND are not carriers indefinitely.  

Either we do find a cure that’s fast and easy or a preventative vaccine soon or the world is in great peril for the forseeable future.   I hate to be a doomsayer but???   Miracles can happen.  

That’s why I said wait and see.  I measure 1 day in advancements and understanding of this in doggy yrs.  call me optimistic.  It’s 4-5 months from now and regardless of life and death no society can lock itself down for 12-18 months.  The economical fallout as well as mental starts to be way worse than the corresponding deaths, ie drastically impacting exponentially more people negatively (related deaths “suicides”, bankruptcies, lost businesses, generational mobility stalled, etc.)  I’m also saying there are ways to get around it and tons of ideas are being floated.  Obviously the easiest one to remove/reduce the crowd levels.  The chloroquine and zpak with zinc has at least overseas shown to have high effectiveness and reduce viral shed down to 7 days.  Hence, if only that works, the answer is a test like strep, a script, and stay home for 7 days.  Lots can change from now.  I do agree they need to get back for camp sometime in July, but an answer to that could be removing non con or pushing back season start.

• Plus1 1

They can shorten season such as just start oct 15 and play 6 or 7 games and no bowls etc. 

Trouble is the schools can’t afford to not sell tickets.  TV $ not nearly enough.  

Coaches and staff pay can be halved - they need to be a part of the sacrifice like rest of society.  

No frills equipmemt. Students get a minimum course load to cut tiition costs.  Share books (lol - if they even use books these days?).

they may eat more beans and bread and less expensive meals. 

But trimming wont balance a 60% cut in revenues as surgery is required.  NCAA has similar budget crisis as well.  Slash and burn.  

4 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

They can shorten season such as just start oct 15 and play 6 or 7 games and no bowls etc. 

Trouble is the schools can’t afford to not sell tickets.  TV $ not nearly enough.  

Coaches and staff pay can be halved - they need to be a part of the sacrifice like rest of society.  

No frills equipmemt. Students get a minimum course load to cut tiition costs.  Share books (lol - if they even use books these days?).

they may eat more beans and bread and less expensive meals. 

But trimming wont balance a 60% cut in revenues as surgery is required.  NCAA has similar budget crisis as well.  Slash and burn.  

But again there is a trickle down effect to that.  It’s not just the athletes and coaches.  Whole towns may be destroyed if they even make it that far.  Fine sum just posted an article last night saying the majority of fbs schools won’t make it through no season financially.  There are a lot of options, if we still need to spread out one way would be to split season tickets into three packages similar to what they’ve down with bb in the past.  Idk,  I know you can’t stop life, economic activity, for 2 months let alone 5.  As I said 4-5 months buys us a ton of time, in understanding, treatments, and mitigation.  We won’t need to do mass separation to control this.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, N is for nowledge said:

But again there is a trickle down effect to that.  It’s not just the athletes and coaches.  Whole towns may be destroyed if they even make it that far.  Fine sum just posted an article last night saying the majority of fbs schools won’t make it through no season financially.  There are a lot of options, if we still need to spread out one way would be to split season tickets into three packages similar to what they’ve down with bb in the past.  Idk,  I know you can’t stop life, economic activity, for 2 months let alone 5.  As I said 4-5 months buys us a ton of time, in understanding, treatments, and mitigation.  We won’t need to do mass separation to control this.

I want to believe !   But the hard cold facts suggest this virus is just plain BAD and is truly a real threat to human life globally.  Even if the USA gets it controlled, we will absolutely have to virtually ban all international worldwide until a cure & vaccine is readily available (billions of doses literally).  How many season tickets holders will buy tickets in a few weeks knowing the tickets may not come at all and Moos says - we will call the $ a donation and keep the donors on the first come first serve list for 2021.  ?    

No doubt Moos postpones the new facilities spend indefinitely. some $ already spent on design but the work will be ready to start when things do get going someday.   

5 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I want to believe !   But the hard cold facts suggest this virus is just plain BAD and is truly a real threat to human life globally.  Even if the USA gets it controlled, we will absolutely have to virtually ban all international worldwide until a cure & vaccine is readily available (billions of doses literally).  How many season tickets holders will buy tickets in a few weeks knowing the tickets may not come at all and Moos says - we will call the $ a donation and keep the donors on the first come first serve list for 2021.  ?    

No doubt Moos postpones the new facilities spend indefinitely. some $ already spent on design but the work will be ready to start when things do get going someday.   

Season ticket holders already renewed in December through February I believe, I renewed in January.  The cold hard facts move day to day.  We are literally on mile 5 of a 100 mile journey.  The “models” they used aren’t worth the time they used to develop them.....it assumes every major metro is Italy/nyc.  The majority of the USA has put in place wide scale mitigation and distancing for at least 3 weeks which is not included in the model.  I’m not saying I’m 100% saying they will have a season, I’m saying I would go more that they will either full go or as the current (august/July) situation become clearer with either major or minor tweaks.  Fauci himself said the second wave, if it comes, won’t call for the same massive restrictions we’ve seen with wave one.   Another fact that keeps getting passed over is the cure can’t be worse than the disease.  The majority of fbs schools said they could financially skip a season.  Think about the towns...people bars restaurants hotels.  Think about college football and the numerous chances it gives kids to attend universities they could never afford without scholarships.  Letting the cure be worse than the disease would cause financial and societal waves for generations.  

• Fire 1

15 hours ago, N is for nowledge said:

Season ticket holders already renewed in December through February I believe, I renewed in January.  The cold hard facts move day to day.  We are literally on mile 5 of a 100 mile journey.  The “models” they used aren’t worth the time they used to develop them.....it assumes every major metro is Italy/nyc.  The majority of the USA has put in place wide scale mitigation and distancing for at least 3 weeks which is not included in the model.  I’m not saying I’m 100% saying they will have a season, I’m saying I would go more that they will either full go or as the current (august/July) situation become clearer with either major or minor tweaks.  Fauci himself said the second wave, if it comes, won’t call for the same massive restrictions we’ve seen with wave one.   Another fact that keeps getting passed over is the cure can’t be worse than the disease.  The majority of fbs schools said they could financially skip a season.  Think about the towns...people bars restaurants hotels.  Think about college football and the numerous chances it gives kids to attend universities they could never afford without scholarships.  Letting the cure be worse than the disease would cause financial and societal waves for generations.  

Every college town will suffer greatly with the loss of economic activity directly related to having no sporting events for sure.  But the closure of campus to students would be tenfold worse.  Lincoln is about 250,000 pop and 20,000 are students, most of which move into town for school and leave after completion.  If the university doesnt have on site classes, the economic hit will be immense.  It will be as if 15,000 resudents up and left town permanently.  Apt rents will drop big time as there will be many unrented places not

to mention all the other spending students do year-roubd.  Almost like the suffering a small town goes thru when the local school consolidates into another some other place.  

• Fire 1
  • 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I put it on my amazon wish list and hope others buy it for me:P

Are you a blazing hot girl that drives a white 4-door Wrangler and adds your venmo account on your TicToks of you dancing in a bikini?

If so, could you please send me a link for your Amazon Wishlist :)

• Haha 1

On 4/4/2020 at 8:53 AM, Rusty Shackleford said:

get a natty light sponsorship or maybe windsor and hell yeah sell me that when i go to buy my hot dog!

I normally don’t get involved with other people’s finances.  But if you’re drinking Natty Light and/or Windsor, maybe you should just make a sandwich at home before the game rather than buying concessions...:P