SO YOU'RE HEARING GOD SENT THIS CORONA VIRUS? LET'S LOOK AT GOD'S HEART.

I agree wt the OP.  Any judgement is the consequence of our own action.  Eat like a pig & or drink like a drunk & we might end up wt the 'judgement' of heart disease or diabetes.   Even that isn't assured as it also depends on our gene pool - some have different 'weaknesses'.   Either way, I will still call on God in the time of trouble for the inner strength and grace to overcome what I face. 

I don't understand the premise of the OP. Who exactly is blaming the Coronavirus on god?

For those of you who are devout believers: what is god's role in this? Does he/she have the power/will/desire to help the world? How? Why?

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, knapplc said:

That's a really good article. I wonder if someone wasn't eating bat meat and swallowed wrong, getting some food in their lung. That food particle contained the virus, which was able to mutate and live inside humans.  Probably never know, but that seems plausible.

From what I've heard from experts, it's not likely that the virus came directly from bats to humans but rather that it went from bats (reservoir host) to another animal (amplifier host) to humans. It gets talked about in this video:

3 hours ago, Ulty said:

I don't understand the premise of the OP. Who exactly is blaming the Coronavirus on god?

For those of you who are devout believers: what is god's role in this? Does he/she have the power/will/desire to help the world? How? Why?

As a general reality, folks I work with overseas , like South Africa, have more of an Old Covenant perspective of their concept of God.  My take is the more you perceive God as an Old Covenant God verses the New Covenant God who mediated Jesus' New Covenant ... the more likely the view that these types of sicknesses or diseases are from God ... instead of mans own choices.

I'm in probably 5-7 conversations a day right now counseling folks in African countries who believe the world is ending, this plague is God's final warning and get ready for a "rapture".

I could provide some samples if you like.  It's sad but also humorous.

1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

As a general reality, folks I work with overseas , like South Africa, have more of an Old Covenant perspective of their concept of God.  My take is the more you perceive God as an Old Covenant God verses the New Covenant God who mediated Jesus' New Covenant ... the more likely the view that these types of sicknesses or diseases are from God ... instead of mans own choices.

I'm in probably 5-7 conversations a day right now counseling folks in African countries who believe the world is ending, this plague is God's final warning and get ready for a "rapture".

I could provide some samples if you like.  It's sad but also humorous.

Why do animals get sick?

7 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Why do animals get sick?

Same as any human ... it appears we all have immune systems that can be weak and be infected by the actions of others around them.   The world is amazing ... and still not perfect.  Most of us [perhaps not you] are selfish and our survival instincts take over and then we consider ourselves as more important than others.  It appears that we cause harm, perhaps even without knowing it, by our selfish actions and lack of considering.  Death and sickness always comes to the weakest in any culture at any level.  

That's my two cents ... from a very small brain.  I'm like Forrest Gump, "I'm not a smart man ... but I know what love is."  :-) 

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

I have not heard from anyone that God sent this virus, and I also don't believe I or anyone else would believe that if we did hear it.

Ya, I get that.  We are in America.  In a place like South Africa and very little knowledge ... it creates lots of fears.

Here is "Prophet" Simon, a guy I talked to yesterday after he sent me this warning.  It is quite a hoot.  But to the folks he "ministers" too, it can and does create a lot of fear. 

I missed the part where God actually warned us not to eat bats.

But he was pretty clear about shellfish, and I'm still seeing American heathens gorging at Red Lobster. 

He was also pretty clear about touching the skin of a pig, but nobody here is boycotting football. 

To be honest, my wife often fails to present two turtledoves to the priest at the entrance to the Tabernacle upon the end of her menstrual period, damning us both to uncleanliness, sin, and death.  Darn you Levitucus 15:19-33!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I missed the part where God actually warned us not to eat bats.

But he was pretty clear about shellfish, and I'm still seeing American heathens gorging at Red Lobster. 

He was also pretty clear about touching the skin of a pig, but nobody here is boycotting football. 

To be honest, my wife often fails to present two turtledoves to the priest at the entrance to the Tabernacle upon the end of her menstrual period, damning us both to uncleanliness, sin, and death.  Darn you Levitucus 15:19-33!

So I think what you’re saying is this is the gays’ fault. 

• Plus1 1

Didn't want to shift the Coronavirus thread to this topic and I started this thread [didn't want to start a new one for this graphic].

Some say this is the year of the Coronavirus.  This graphic puts a lot into perspective.  There will be all kinds of blame laid out for Corona ... "We should have tested earlier", "The President could have done this", etc.  Sure could have.  All of us could make a lot of different choices ... but we don't ... and others are harmed. 

For me, I chose to be selfish and lied about an issue for about a year and a half ... losing a 26 year marriage.  I recently passed the three year mark of excommunication from my three boys.  There is always a cost to being human and making choices.  Here is the stat total of the world's choices this year for the first three months.

Note ... 6 million Jews were killed in the Holocaust probably over a three year period.  The world has killed 10 million unborn in three months.  The world isn't in any "awe/fear/respect" for God, for man or life it appears.

I'm sad for what is happening in our world.  My Mom died of Lung Cancer from her smoking.  My Dad died of a Stroke, with the drug Xeralto being a lead to the stroke ... all choices.

For me ... this graphic puts it all into perspective.

I'm grateful to be standing in the Presence of Infinite Power and Love.

Pass

FB_IMG_1586054134008.jpg

• Plus1 1