SO YOU'RE HEARING GOD SENT THIS CORONA VIRUS? LET'S LOOK AT GOD'S HEART.

3 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Didn't want to shift the Coronavirus thread to this topic and I started this thread [didn't want to start a new one for this graphic].

Some say this is the year of the Coronavirus.  This graphic puts a lot into perspective.  There will be all kinds of blame laid out for Corona ... "We should have tested earlier", "The President could have done this", etc.  Sure could have.  All of us could make a lot of different choices ... but we don't ... and others are harmed. 

For me, I chose to be selfish and lied about an issue for about a year and a half ... losing a 26 year marriage.  I recently passed the three year mark of excommunication from my three boys.  There is always a cost to being human and making choices.  Here is the stat total of the world's choices this year for the first three months.

Note ... 6 million Jews were killed in the Holocaust probably over a three year period.  The world has killed 10 million unborn in three months.  The world isn't in any "awe/fear/respect" for God, for man or life it appears.

I'm sad for what is happening in our world.  My Mom died of Lung Cancer from her smoking.  My Dad died of a Stroke, with the drug Xeralto being a lead to the stroke ... all choices.

For me ... this graphic puts it all into perspective.

I'm grateful to be standing in the Presence of Infinite Power and Love.

Pass

FB_IMG_1586054134008.jpg

I would never dream of suggesting this wildly premature stat has any political agenda, but I did notice that it left off the pro-rated 250,000 annual deaths by gun violence for some reason.

• Plus1 2

40 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I would never dream of suggesting this wildly premature stat has any political agenda, but I did notice that it left off the pro-rated 250,000 annual deaths by gun violence for some reason.

Ya, that's another good one to add @Guy Chamberlin!  Kudos!  The list could go on and on ... couldn't it ... including all the political agenda stuff.  The one thing you left out is these would be the deaths in America.  This stat this site compiled is for the whole world.

2 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Ya, that's another good one to add @Guy Chamberlin!  Kudos!  The list could go on and on ... couldn't it ... including all the political agenda stuff.  The one thing you left out is these would be the deaths in America.  This stat this site compiled is for the whole world.

The 250,00 gun deaths are global as well, although the U.S. is responsible for a disproportionate level. 

If abortion is the issue, I get it. Those numbers would be appalling to you. But if the suggestion is that we shouldn't be so concerned about the comparatively paltry deaths by coronavirus in the early stages of a projected global pandemic, I must respectfully disagree. 

And if you want to bring God into it.....that list includes both indiscriminate killers, and millions of deaths that could probably be avoided by choice. Why does God let any of it happen? 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, funhusker said:

You're right.  Abortions are choices.

Who are we to question those choices.  Just love and be loved, right?!

The abortion rate in the U.S. has actually gone down since it was legalized, much of the credit going to more liberalized attitudes towards birth control and the educational efforts of Planned Parenthood and others. Choice is funny that way. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Also worth noting that the three months worth of coronavirus deaths tripled in the 8 days since this list was made. 

Ya, hopefully the number gets to the 2 -3.5 million projected, right? ... that will allow for some political points to some side :sarcasm

31 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That guy [can't stomach it] ... won't watch it.

I'd rather just look at the worldwide stats in the past three months and not get I to the politics  ... there are many, many, many things that kill humans ... and we don't close down the world nor put masks on for.  I'd prefer to just keep it all in perspective and not blow up this virus into more than it is.

Yawn ... [in comparison to the more important data numbers]

5 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I'd rather just look at the worldwide stats in the past three months and not get I to the politics  ... there are many, many, many things that kill humans ... and we don't close down the world nor put masks on for.  I'd prefer to just keep it all in perspective and not blow up this virus into more than it is.

Am I understanding your point here to be that we shouldn't be treating this pandemic the way we are because other things kill lots of people?

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

That guy [can't stomach it] ... won't watch it.

you do understand that shutting things down and putting on those mask is to prevent millions of more deaths...right?   are you suggesting that millions of more deaths is the christian thing to do?  

"Let each of you look not only to his own interests but also to the interests of others" (Philippians 2:4)

5 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

The people who are experts at this stuff, and they are in agreement from around the world, are trying to warn us about a situation similar to the Influenza Epidemic of 1918/1919 that killed 50 million people (out of a much smaller global population). If we're smart enough to learn from the past and use new science to defeat it, it won't mean was no big deal. It will mean the reaction saved lives. 

So let's keep it all in perspective and not blow it down into something less than it is. 

And from all I've seen, Team No Big Deal falls into a very political category. 

• Plus1 4
49 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The people who are experts at this stuff, and they are in agreement from around the world, are trying to warn us about a situation similar to the Influenza Epidemic of 1918/1919 that killed 50 million people (out of a much smaller global population). If we're smart enough to learn from the past and use new science to defeat it, it won't mean was no big deal. It will mean the reaction saved lives. 

So let's keep it all in perspective and not blow it down into something less than it is. 

And from all I've seen, Team No Big Deal falls into a very political category. 

Ah, good stuff.  Yes, I'm keeping it into perspective.