C-19: PPE, Work & Family

PPE and Work and Family  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My dad is 70+ and bought a new lawn mower.  He wanted to give me his "old" mower. 

He drove, with my mom, for 2 hours to back into my driveway.  He drove the mower off of the trailer and sprayed the seat and handles with clorox spray.  We chatted for about 5 minutes while I stood in the garage with the kids and he and Mom stood by his pickup 10-15 feet away.

I haven't seen them in person since Christmas.  It really, really, sucked!

• Plus1 2

20 minutes ago, funhusker said:

My dad is 70+ and bought a new lawn mower.  He wanted to give me his "old" mower. 

He drove, with my mom, for 2 hours to back into my driveway.  He drove the mower off of the trailer and sprayed the seat and handles with clorox spray.  We chatted for about 5 minutes while I stood in the garage with the kids and he and Mom stood by his pickup 10-15 feet away.

I don't like hugging but I feel like I'm gonna wanna hug people a lot after this is over.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don't like hugging but I feel like I'm gonna wanna hug people a lot after this is over.

I know.  I've been building a Menards list for over 2 weeks.  I went this morning and practiced safe as I could.  I cloroxed the cart, social distance, everything.

But I came around an aisle and saw a lady that had to be 80 years old.  I just said "oops sorry, I'll come back".  The look on her face was pure sadness.  Normally, that would be a pleasant conversation about what projects we have going on and taking advantage of the nice weather.  I'm not saying we handled the situation wrong, but how many people go to the store and use it as a way to "get out"?  That might have been her one chance to see people this week, and we couldn't even make small talk.

15 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Both my wife and I are in healthcare, we both work away from where Covid patients would be for the time being - but both of us have been told we will be flexed to the frontline if the demand required it (we're RN & RT). We have a 1 year old, so working with Covid patients then coming home to baby scares us both to death. 

Our son is a physical therapist and his wife is a wound care nurse - that is our same concern. They both work at the same hospital.

13 hours ago, funhusker said:

We are skyping wt our son and his family who live in town 8 miles away from us and the same wt our other son & family in NC.  They figured a way to play Phase 10 together - I think over face time or other - so we have to be creative in keeping the bonds strong wt those we love. 

16 hours ago, teachercd said:

I wash my hands more...that is probably about it.

I guess I wipe things down a bit more.

I tried going golfing the other day but it was totally booked up.

I golfed a couple of times in the past week...including Sunday, which was a really nice day. The parking lot was PACKED, folks on the range, folks on the course. Adjustments made to comply with social distancing and the 10 person rule. Then, on Monday, the Mayor (in his infinite wisdom) closed our Muni course... :facepalm: :bang

• Haha 1
On 3/31/2020 at 3:43 PM, ZRod said:

Been working from home for 2 weeks per my employer's direction. 

I don't wear PPE in public and right or wrong I shake my head when I see healthy people wearing store bought N95s. I feel like it's contributing to the shortage that means my fiancée has to reuse masks at the hospital. Maybe that's not true, but that's how I see it ATM.

I have an employee that is immune deficient. He’s been told by his doctor if he gets this, he’ll die. 

If you saw him walking down the street, you would think he was perfectly healthy. Yes, he wears a mask everywhere he goes...which isn’t very many places right now. 

my point is, you don’t know the personal situation with that person to make a judgment. 

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

I wore a mask in the store today. My dad's wife sewed one for me. Felt like I was obligated to use it.

I was the only one in the store wearing one. Didn't mind.

I normally have a funny reply for everything...but I don't even know where I would being with this information!  

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have an employee that is immune deficient. He’s been told by his doctor if he gets this, he’ll die. 

If you saw him walking down the street, you would think he was perfectly healthy. Yes, he wears a mask everywhere he goes...which isn’t very many places right now. 

my point is, you don’t know the personal situation with that person to make a judgment. 

You’re 100% correct, no one knows what underlying issues people have or if they are a caregiver to someone at risk. We owe it to our at risk population to protect them, glad to see so many people on this board understand that. 

Quick PSA: this is also the reason there’s a special spot in hell for anti vaxxers, god I hate those idiots. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I try to remind myself of that... It's hard though.