QB M.J. Morris [North Carolina State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

40 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Morris commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Mavric changed the title to QB M.J. Morris [North Carolina State Commit]

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

They had 2 committed though, so kinda depends on how much he wants to be "the guy." I think this is NC State, and we made a decision to prioritize upside with Torres, or see if the Hawaii magic works again with Bianco. 

I see you had that right.:thumbs

Just now, man eating mastodon said:

Is there a reason why Nebraska cooled ??

Word is he simply wasn't as high on our board as others are.  And perhaps that combined with his desire to make an earlier decision while others are still working through the process.

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, man eating mastodon said:

Is there a reason why Nebraska cooled ??

No just that our interest was waning. It was telling we lined up OV's with Torres and then Bianco for June but not Morris.

Also don't believe it is coincidence that he planned a commitment immediately after our spring game visit then kept delaying it. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • 4 weeks later...

On 5/8/2021 at 9:56 PM, uberism said:

I watched a couple of Flores game on YouTube tonight and also watched a game of Mooney to do a comparison. Flores is better, much better. Stronger arm, more accurate, better pocket presence. 

I suspect Mooney wanted to be N but the staff wants to hold off until they can get Flores onto campus to watch him throw. I suspect the 2023 QB is going to be Flores. 

LOL Might wanna check him now. The Mooney Kid I watched with my own eyes at a camp this summer throw it 64 yards 

On 5/12/2021 at 6:07 PM, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Like McCaffrey and Smothers, Mooney's arm strength didn't impress me. IDK if they're taking these guys thinking that it's a fixable issue or what. Heck, there's another kid in the same district as Mooney named Rickie Collins who impressed me more than Mooney.

Mooney threw it 64 yards at a camp this summer. He is a Junior. Really wont matter. We not getting him. I have watched both of those QB their both LEGIT LEGIT Wont get either Sorry 

On 6/3/2021 at 2:17 PM, Mavric said:

I wanted this guy bad 

21 hours ago, Footballguy22 said:

Mooney threw it 64 yards at a camp this summer. He is a Junior. Really wont matter. We not getting him. I have watched both of those QB their both LEGIT LEGIT Wont get either Sorry 

yeah we have no chance at getting a kid from a die-hard nebraska fans family, nor does our offer mean much as it is pinned to the top of his twitter account. He definitely doesnt call us his childhood dream school either or anything like that. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 4
6 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Just saying that I saw Mooney in action twice last season and I had no clue he was even a top prospect. His team was really, really bad. I didn't see anything special about him but I'm sure the coaches and recruiting analysts know way more than me.

I have always wondered this, does Sean Callahan for example really know more about gauging a kids potential and how he will end up more than anyone else who watches a highlight reel of a kid or sees him at a game? Do any of these guys have that we hear all the time from have legitimate experience in the field of recruiting etc or are they just recruiting fans that get paid to talk about it? I know a few of the folks at these places have past experiences some at universities and what not but my hunch is that the vast majority don't. 

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Just saying that I saw Mooney in action twice last season and I had no clue he was even a top prospect. His team was really, really bad. I didn't see anything special about him but I'm sure the coaches and recruiting analysts know way more than me.

I agree and some of that comes when you have 3 WR that were 5'6 and all very young as I keep reading. He himself was young and thrown in for the first time. The game I watched on TV was the Live Oak game his second start. He was 24-36 304 yards and 4 TD's they lost on a last second blocked FG ran back for a TD 

3 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

yeah we have no chance at getting a kid from a die-hard nebraska fans family, nor does our offer mean much as it is pinned to the top of his twitter account. He definitely doesnt call us his childhood dream school either or anything like that. 

No We have a chance for sure. Just saying I doubt it. He is in Omaha now from what i am told and will be touring Nebraska campus again today as well. So who Knows!! 

4 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I have always wondered this, does Sean Callahan for example really know more about gauging a kids potential and how he will end up more than anyone else who watches a highlight reel of a kid or sees him at a game? Do any of these guys have that we hear all the time from have legitimate experience in the field of recruiting etc or are they just recruiting fans that get paid to talk about it? I know a few of the folks at these places have past experiences some at universities and what not but my hunch is that the vast majority don't. 

I genuinely have no idea, is Callahan the one who ranks the kids? Or is he more of a journalist and they have guys behind the scenes with legitimate experience who evaluate the kids. There has to be tons of former college players, coaches, etc. that want a gig like that, but without being a journalist.

• Mavric changed the title to QB M.J. Morris [North Carolina State - Signed LOI]