QB M.J. Morris [North Carolina State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

40 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Morris commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, uberism said:

This kid is overrated and has an injury history. 

This is a stupid comment considering we took AM when he missed his whole Sr year because of injury and has been injury prone every year. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Stumpy1 said:

This is a stupid comment considering we took AM when he missed his whole Sr year because of injury and has been injury prone every year. 

Finally..someone with some sense. 

/Add NC State & GT please 

• Plus1 2
34 minutes ago, Decked said:

Potential & coaching. He has translatable skills that compare to the next level. Sometimes you’re looking at a ceiling rather than the current. See Dickerson versus Bretz. Dickerson is the better long term prospect versus Bretz probably being better currently 

Mooney is a lock

He’s a lock to commit , but there’s something called the MLB draft

38 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

People tend to become blind in regards to QB recruiting based off of a rating when they get rated before their senior year. There are a lot of 4-star QB's that were severely overrated going into college. Scott Frost's best 3 QB's he has coached in his college career were lightly recruited. 2 of those 3 made it into the NFL as starters. The other may not make it due to injury. 

9 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The one I think is overrated is Reese Mooney. My daughter went to his high school (Denham Springs) and I saw him play last year a few times. I had no idea he was supposed to be anything special. Didn't stand out at all to me. Only QBs I saw last year in Louisiana that stood out were Arch Manning and Zeon Chriss.

I watched a couple of Flores game on YouTube tonight and also watched a game of Mooney to do a comparison. Flores is better, much better. Stronger arm, more accurate, better pocket presence. 

I suspect Mooney wanted to be N but the staff wants to hold off until they can get Flores onto campus to watch him throw. I suspect the 2023 QB is going to be Flores. 

• Mavric changed the title to QB M.J. Morris [North Carolina State - Signed LOI]