Huskers land Pitt point guard transfer Trey McGowens

20 minutes ago, NUance said:

Got to hand it to Hoiberg.  He's all over the transfer portal.  Basically, it's how we recruit now.  lol 

Pretty much.  

And I actually don't have any issue with it.  I think that's how you have to play the game now-a-days.  I'd still like to get some good HS players but we need to use all available options as much as possible.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Pretty much.  

And I actually don't have any issue with it.  I think that's how you have to play the game now-a-days.  I'd still like to get some good HS players but we need to use all available options as much as possible.

Yeah, I don't have an issue with it either.  And it's not like we had a choice last year.  I'm not trying to bash Miles, but the cupboard was pretty bare when Hoiberg took over.   Nebrasketball pretty much sucked this year.  But imagine what would have happened if Hoiberg hadn't overhauled our roster with transfers.    

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Pretty much.  

Start winning with transfers and then it’s easier to get good HS players. 

1 hour ago, seaofred92 said:

This is how I see it as well. Webster can also play off the ball with Banton bringing the ball up. He did this some at Western Illinois. I could see Cross/Stevenson also bringing the ball up as backups. Get ready for some position-less basketball which is always fun. You could see a big lineup like this one.

Banton

Thor/King

Allen 

Stevenson

Walker

With one scholarship open I believe we use it on a HS player. And if we strike out there we can always get a grad transfer.

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

With one scholarship open I believe we use it on a HS player. And if we strike out there we can always get a grad transfer.

Sanogo is choice 1a 1b and 1c. I honestly don’t know where they would look if he doesn’t commit. I don’t think we’d take Nutter anymore given the amount of guards we have. The fact that we aren’t seriously pursuing any other bigs and combined with the tweet about him potentially being a silent commit have me feeling pretty good with our chances.

• Plus1 1