Huskers land Pitt point guard transfer Trey McGowens

2 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

Sanogo is choice 1a 1b and 1c. I honestly don’t know where they would look if he doesn’t commit. I don’t think we’d take Nutter anymore given the amount of guards we have. The fact that we aren’t seriously pursuing any other bigs and combined with the tweet about him potentially being a silent commit have me feeling pretty good with our chances.

If we miss on Sanogo, we will go after that grad transfer big Jeff Otchere. But I agree we could use Sanogo. Another wing/guard who could shoot also would not hurt. Derrick Walker will start at the 5 next year and if Sanogo comes here he will back him up and Yvan will probably be forced out of the rotation? Thoughts? I did not watch Walker at Tenn. but he doesn't strike me as a 4 in Hoibergs system. 

If they allow a one time exception for players to transfer freely due to Covid-19 we will be loaded. McGowens can score better than Cam Mack and get to the basket and finish strong. He is not as good of a passer but he creates for other players that just have to knock down an open shot. Quickness is another thing that jumps out to me watching him play. He is locked in on defense and is able to get steals and run the break. I really liked what I saw in the video above and this team should be so much better and more fun to watch next year. 

Next year we will win games for making layups and free throws. I would bet we knock down some more threes as well but finishing, transition, and free throws will be the key because those cost us games this past season.

1 hour ago, HuskermanMike said:

If we miss on Sanogo, we will go after that grad transfer big Jeff Otchere. But I agree we could use Sanogo. Another wing/guard who could shoot also would not hurt. Derrick Walker will start at the 5 next year and if Sanogo comes here he will back him up and Yvan will probably be forced out of the rotation? Thoughts? I did not watch Walker at Tenn. but he doesn't strike me as a 4 in Hoibergs system. 

If they allow a one time exception for players to transfer freely due to Covid-19 we will be loaded. McGowens can score better than Cam Mack and get to the basket and finish strong. He is not as good of a passer but he creates for other players that just have to knock down an open shot. Quickness is another thing that jumps out to me watching him play. He is locked in on defense and is able to get steals and run the break. I really liked what I saw in the video above and this team should be so much better and more fun to watch next year. 

Next year we will win games for making layups and free throws. I would bet we knock down some more threes as well but finishing, transition, and free throws will be the key because those cost us games this past season.

Sanogo is very athletic, but he needs work in the weight room.  The big 10 will eat him up.  Walker is an unknown and maybe a little over rated. 

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

No. 24 - Trey McGowens (Nebraska) - Not the most efficient player, but McGowens can score and is productive attacking the rim. He needs to refine his outside jumper.

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/LongFormArticle/Transfer-Portal-Olivier-Sarr-Kentucky-Liam-Robbins-Minnesota-Johnny-Juzang-UCLA-Alan-Griffin-Syracuse-Trey-Murphy-Virginia-147062197/#147062197_19

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

12 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Haven't seen anything on him being immediately eligible, but everyone I've seen a headline on has been.  That seems like a good sign.

Does the name Shamiel Stevenson mean anything to you?

Seriously though, leave to the NCAA to not grant it for another NU player for no reason.

• Fire 1
16 hours ago, RedSavage said:

Does the name Shamiel Stevenson mean anything to you?

Seriously though, leave to the NCAA to not grant it for another NU player for no reason.

I have, but the NCAA seems more open to immediate eligibility this year.  I suspect that it is because they know the rule on immediate eligibility will probably change soon.  It was assumed that it would have changed for this year, but they put it off until their next rules committee meeting.

On 7/9/2020 at 10:08 AM, seaofred92 said:

No shocker here but Hoiberg confirmed they'll be filing for a waiver for immediate eligibility and they hope he's on the floor this season.

Ive never understood why they wait so long.  Seeing how basketball is, maybe they wait long enough to find out if the player is actually going to come here or not.